• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish in a pool!

dwhatley;97921 said:
During my lifetime there was a popular belief....

Are you sure you don't mean 'During my lifetime there has been...'? 'Was' seems just a little past tense for someone refering to thier own lifetime......

I seem to recall a program someone made that used the whole 'trees talk to each other' theme. I believe at one point they took to dropping branches on someone they didn't like.

I'm sure there are plenty of people today who talk to thier plants to make them grow better. I think I've heard of studies that prove that this works. Of course I've heard of studies that 'proved' all sorts of things :wink:

Gettng a bit more back on track, given that we probably have the technology, or at least could probably develop it if there was incentive, I'm rather surprised that no group has emerged saying that morally we should only eat food that has been synthesised from the ground up from base components. Think of the food in sci-fi films like 2001 "Oh yummy today were having the orange squares with the green paste, my favourite"

Cairnos;98015 said:
Are you sure you don't mean 'During my lifetime there has been...'? 'Was' seems just a little past tense for someone refering to thier own lifetime......
"

I meant to infer that the practice was a fad that disappeared rather than suggesting a time when anemones and humans were closely related :tongue:

sorseress;97968 said:
Well. there were books. I had one of those that detailed the findings of that study. Books were sheets of paper with printing on both sides that were bound together to keep them in order. You held them in your hand and turned the sheets of paper (called pages) and read the words printed on them. Instead of using a mouse to control the flow of words you actually had to physically turn the pages over. How totally archaic! (Kind of like me).
Attention Tony! We still don't have our old fogey smiley! :razz:

Here you go (I think I qualify as an old fogey sometimes...).

Attachments

• conv_291667.gif
    conv_291667.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 77

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back