• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish Eggs in NE FL

Maleci

Blue Ring
Registered
I appear to have 2 breeding females and have gotten 2 clutches in the past week and a half which is way more than I can keep. I'm in Jacksonville, FL if anyone is interested in eggs. I would prefer to avoid shipping if possible as I've not been on the sending side of livestock ever.

Dang I just drove through Jacksonville omw home after the hurricane. I'm looking for some eggs to get my own breeding group going for my display tank. I'd be into shipped as I'm not sure were else to get them. Are they Sepia Bandensis?

Yeah sepia bandenisis. I currently have a male and 2 females and both are pushing out eggs. Where are you at and how many were you wanting? Still kinda learning how to work with the eggs and separate them. I cut up 1 clutch after talking with bluezoo and how they do it and have the other still untouched and plan to move the rock to a separate tank and not separate to make sure some viably hatch.

Awesome! I am in Miami. 33176. Assuming 100% survival my main display can handle 4ish. Since I'm also gonna be attempting breeding an extra pair wouldn't hurt and I've already setup 2 extra ten gallons for the young ones. 6-10 eggs? I'm not sure what common practice is for a starter stock of cuttles. I'm new to cephs so I'm not expecting 100% survival but I am prepared if that's the case.

Not sure the adults are my first attempt with them myself. I ordered 6 eggs trying to get a pair and bluezoo sent me 7 of which 6 hatched and did really well. Lost 1 when the cover came off on a power head and it got eaten by the propeller and sold off 2. Other than that they seem pretty tough even loosing power during Irma and going a while in bubblers I got home and they had more eggs layed and seemed perfectly happy.

The eggs have been interesting to work with. They lay a clutch attached at a few points to the live rock and they have consistency of watery jello and need to be cut off individually to remove them from the rock. I removed one clutch so far and have sold a a few eggs from it and leaving the other attached until they hatch in case my removal job wasn't good enough and eggs got stressed or damaged.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back