• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish egg bubble?

Yeah I get that. I'm limited in floor space though at my current place so trying to find what I can viably do here. Also, today I ran to the lfs and grabbed some ghost shrimp and they snatched them up np. Hopefully now I have better luck training for frozen.

If my calculations are correct should be about 130 gallons. That should be ok, although my guys were in a 55 gallon long and they swam the length of it often - the males needed their own space since they spent so much time fighting over the female.

Well i have my 3 extras I wasn't planning for pending. One is sold and trading 2 to a local artist for a display over the tank. :biggrin2:. Should be able to swing the rest in the 40g they are currently in.

Attachments

• received_1549636498394324.jpeg
    received_1549636498394324.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 92
Depending on the sex of your babies, you may find 40 gallon too small - the males fight quite a bit when they are of breeding age. I would say 55 gallons is the minimum but I know others have tried smaller tanks.

Yeah worth a shot. Worst case I have a 20g up and running I can pull one to and try to re-home if it doesn't work out.

Update since it's been a while work has been hectic. I traded 2 of the babies to someone local for some cuttlefish artwork. Of the 2 he received they fought shortly after and one was killed off. The four remaining are growing and eating like pigs. So far I have seen no aggression between individuals even with 4 in a 40g. Judging by color and lack of aggression I'm thinking I have females left. So far they haven't even eaten the 2 chromis I cycled with and they are bigger than the chromis at this point easily.

Attachments

• IMG_20170702_161614.jpg
    IMG_20170702_161614.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20170814_200459.jpg
    IMG_20170814_200459.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 118
Yeah that's my thought too if something will happen it will be soon. The 2 I traded away fought and killed each other 2 weeks after I got rid of them but the 4 remaining just hang out with no aggression. Since feeding cost went down since I'm in Florida and I can get fiddlers and ghost shrimp for free planning to keep 4 until I see aggression and re-home as needed.

So I have 2 clutches of eggs that showed up during Irma. Any suggestions on ways to detach them and separate without damaging them? I have waaaaaay more eggs than I know what to do with currently.

So I have 2 clutches of eggs that showed up during Irma. Any suggestions on ways to detach them and separate without damaging them? I have waaaaaay more eggs than I know what to do with currently.
I tweeted a link to this post for you, and posted on our Facebook page... good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back