• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Cuttlefish egg bubble?

Maleci

Blue Ring
Registered
They seem to be growing pretty quickly and have easily doubled in size since hatching. So far they seem to really only hunt at night and occasionally picking off a mysis that walks too close. During the lights on period they all seem to clump together and hide out in a tiny piece of ulva.

In an effort to cut down feeding costs I added another breeder net and have acclimated a few guppies over to saltwater. One of the females already had a few babies which seemed to have disappeared within an hour of adding them to the cuttlefish breeder. Mysis will still be the bulk of their diet until I can transition to grass shrimp or frozen but hopefully it can at least reduce cost.

Tentagal

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Its not so much the depth as the horizontal surface area that matters, if you get a chance on a cheaper, shallower tank, but anything around that size should be plenty of room.

Maleci

Blue Ring
Registered
Yeah I get that. I'm limited in floor space though at my current place so trying to find what I can viably do here. Also, today I ran to the lfs and grabbed some ghost shrimp and they snatched them up np. Hopefully now I have better luck training for frozen.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acorn kid

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak