• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish Availablity

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Hi all,

I'm opening this thread as a place to find information on where cuttles are currently offered for sale.

Please post only sites and LFSs that you've verified - in other words, you need check to make sure any offering on the web that you post here is for real.

If you have eggs or young cuttles and intend to offer them for sale later, go ahead and list them in advance.

Nancy

captive bred bandensis eggs.

Ok,

Here's the deal... I now have 36 Sepia bandensis eggs. :goofysca: I cannot keep 36 cuttles... so I am offering some of them to Tonmo community members. I have seen inside the first batch of eggs and I can see the embryos, so at least some of these eggs are viable. About 15 of the eggs are going to Thales so he can breed them with his babies and we can continue captive breeding efforts. If you are interested, live in North America and are willing to pay overnight shipping and $20 per egg let me know. I will give preference to those who would like more than one cuttle, so that we can all continue to breed these animals. Please be aware, that if this is your first time caring for a cuttlefish, that the food is expensive! I spend from $50-80 per week for live food over the past 5 months... It has been worth it, but it is something to be aware of.

Of course, I cannot guarantee the viability of all the eggs, nor that they will survive shipping, since I am only an individual and not a LFS, but I will do my best to package them carefully and overnight ship them to you.

Thank you.

Has any one ever order from here www.seacrop.com ???"Sepia sp.- Each egg will generally produce 10-20 cuttlefish babies.Whats up with that a typo?????

Cuttlefish Egg Cluster*

Quantity in Basket:none
Code: SCF950
Price:$60.00

Shipping Weight: 3.00 pounds

"Sepia sp.- Each egg will generally produce 10-20 cuttlefish babies. Needs lots of live food (copepods, baby brine, etc…). Best in a large tank with a pod-producing refugium. Not recommended for nano tanks. "

Yes,
i have emailed her.. that is a typo.. they mean eatch "cluster" will hatch 10-20 cuttles.. so that means 10-20 eggs... they are coming in from the philipines.(which is where S. Bandensis are coming from too).... i have heard many things of seacrop (all good) but i have never heard of anyone ordering their cuttles...
good luck
-Josh

Thanks everyone think ill give them a try ill order on the 15th and let you know how its gos.Marinebio_guy my bimac is doing great and has tripled in size hes a eating machine :lol:.Plz let me know if you go by there and have a ID.

dutchcourage;82223 said:
Thanks everyone think ill give them a try ill order on the 15th and let you know how its gos.Marinebio_guy my bimac is doing great and has tripled in size hes a eating machine :lol:.Plz let me know if you go by there and have a ID.

I'm glad to hear he/she is doing good. I will let you know how they look if I stop by.

i will also be ordering from them,
i talked to mary, the owner and she said they already started hatching so we will have to wait untill the new shipment comes in..

Hi,
I have kept an octopus before and have wanted to keep a cuttlefish for a while. I live in Oklahoma and would love to purchase a few of your eggs. Due to my family's Christmas schedule though, I do not think it would be wise to purchase them now. Do you think you would have any available after the holidays or in any future batch? Thanks!

KDS;83313 said:
Hi,
I have kept an octopus before and have wanted to keep a cuttlefish for a while. I live in Oklahoma and would love to purchase a few of your eggs. Due to my family's Christmas schedule though, I do not think it would be wise to purchase them now. Do you think you would have any available after the holidays or in any future batch? Thanks!

Ummm... if you mean me (and I am not sure you do...). I probably won't have anymore (I hope!!!) after Christmas - the ones I have are scheduled to hatch around Christmas and I hope to find homes for them before the holidays. But I will let you know if she has any more eggs.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back