• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish Availablity

I posted on octopus availability but I got sepia eggs from the same place so here is the post:

Any one in east Tennessee, The Coral Reef (LFS) can order sepia bandensis egg cluster, I got 13 eggs and 9 hatched. Fairly cheap. Also I got my A. aculeatus from them, they have another one in the store right now but it's a bit expensive. They are part of Sustainable Aquatics and I think they are going to either start breeding sepias or getting hundreds of eggs and tank raising them. They have amazing facilities for that .

Just Wondering where In South Jersey Dwarf Cuttles or Egg Clusters might be available? Just seeing if anything is in driving distance so I can avoid the $90 shipping charge from texas...Thanks for any help...

A new supplier of captive raised cephalopods!

Ceph's yahoogroups post of interest:

Marine Biomedical Technologies (MBT) has established a cephalopod breeding
facility in the U.S. They currently have Sepia bandensis (banded
cuttlefish), Sepia pharaonis (pharaoh cuttlefish), and Sepia officinalis
(Common European cuttlefish), and just started to collect Sepiateuthis
lessoniana (big fin reef squid) which should be in-house shortly. They
would like to announce the availability of Sepia officinalis (the common
European cuttlefish) for sale in the U.S. at this time. Preference will be
given to researchers and Aquarium facilities, however surplus animals will
be made available to hobbyists. For details regarding availability, age,
size, and additional species of cephalopods, please contact MBT at
[email protected].

i have two tanks that are ready to introduce cuttles i have done my research on them and have kept a bimac before in the past just looking to get back into it and want to know where i can find eggs or babies i live in las vegas so they are not abundant out here. i have seen them at nyaquatic.com but not to sure how up to date that site is any help would be nice

To the members that resides in Orange County, California. Tong's Tropical Fish in Fountain Valley has Cuttlefish eggs for sale. I do not know what kind and didn't check their prices as I was in a rush. All I know is that they have 10 to 15 eggs. Hope it helps.

MBT (the restructured, for profit and internal research, National Resource Center for Cephalopods NRCC) posted to ceph's Yahoo group that there bandensis and officinalis hatchlings available. It is my understanding that they will sell to educators first but now can sell to the public as well. Pricing is not publicly posted so interested parties will need to email for information.

Note that officinalis need a very large tank (my 140 is too small or I would be very interested in trying to raise one). Here is the post:

Just wanted to let anyone interested know that MBT has sepia bandensis and sepia officinalis hatchlings available. For information, price, or to place an order they can email [email protected]. Thanks again for your help getting the word out.

DWhatley;191010 said:
MBT (the restructured, for profit and internal research, National Resource Center for Cephalopods NRCC) posted to ceph's Yahoo group that there bandensis and officinalis hatchlings available. It is my understanding that they will sell to educators first but now can sell to the public as well. Pricing is not publicly posted so interested parties will need to email for information.

Note that officinalis need a very large tank (my 140 is too small or I would be very interested in trying to raise one). Here is the post:

I just emailed them. They are very helpful and responded rapidly. All of their cephalopods are $85 plus shipping. They have both officinalis and bandensis.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back