• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish Availablity

I had ordered my cuttlefish eggs from Terence at Paradisepetshop.net. Haven't received them yet, but will soon! Great customer service, Terence is a great guy, always keeping me updated on my order etc...

mikengo;144577 said:
I had ordered my cuttlefish eggs from Terence at Paradisepetshop.net. Haven't received them yet, but will soon! Great customer service, Terence is a great guy, always keeping me updated on my order etc...

Hmmm, I ordered some from them and it took bout two weeks to get them, all the time I was trying to get a hold of them and nothing so I had no idea when my order was arriving. the eggs sat on my front door step for a few hours, and now I'm not sure of there condition.

They gave me two eggs one large and one small.

experienced reefkeeper setting up cuttlefish only tank

My family is going to add a cuttlefish tank and, as much as we know about reefs and marine fish we know very little about Cuttlefish. Can someone recommend a type of cuttlefish that won't get too big. Also, can this be done with a high tech 24 gallon tank with appropriate lighting, skimmer, chiller, etc? Please help.

:welcome: to TONMO!

The commonly available small species of cuttle is Sepia bandensis but unfortunately a 24 gallon tank is a bit too small. We used to think 29gal was OK, but Cuttlegirl's cuttles outgrew her 29 and she moved them to a 55gal, I think. Check out the articles link on the home page, there are a few articles on bandensis keeping.

thanks.

monty;149085 said:
:welcome: to TONMO!

The commonly available small species of cuttle is Sepia bandensis but unfortunately a 24 gallon tank is a bit too small. We used to think 29gal was OK, but Cuttlegirl's cuttles outgrew her 29 and she moved them to a 55gal, I think. Check out the articles link on the home page, there are a few articles on bandensis keeping.

thanks so much. i appreciate the help. i think i can do 55 or 60. thanks again. craiglew

Hey everyone, I have some TANK RAISED Sepia Bandensis eggs, these are raised by me :smile: They are fertile ( I can see babies in the eggs) Please send me an email if your interested at: [email protected] for the fastest response (these emails go to my phone) Prices are 15.00 each (3 egg min) and 50 dollars overnight fedex with new box/styro/heatpack. These can ship right now..... Thanks everyone :smile:

I also have 3 baby octo's for sale (see octo thread)

Oh yeah, you can call us at (435) 688-9420 between 10 am and 6 pm mountain time 6 days a week if you have any questions ask for me. Tracy.

Anyone expecting any cuttle eggs in the near future?

All my ducks are almost in a row and I'm anxious for the next step. I've been working towards this for almost a year and I'm finally ready to raise some cuttles! The biggest thing is that my wife finally got onboard!

Thanks in advance!

Seems everyone is out of eggs right now. I've got 3 or 4 places I check with on a regular basis and there doesn't seem to be much out there. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back