• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttlefish Availablity

Thales;138672 said:
IIRC there is a lot of discussion about the people running that auction - most of it negative.

Don't buy from them, they also claim to have a Nautilus that they keep at normal reef temperatures.
And they stole all their pictures of the Cuttlefish from an article featured on this site!!

I won a auction from them for 2 eggs and one just hatched cuttle, when it arrived I had 6 eggs and none were fertilized. They said they would replace them if I paid the shipping and that they had two hatched babies that they would send plus eggs. So I agreed and when it arrived the box was WAY to big for the bag and it had a hole poked in it but the box was already dry. I think they may have already poked the hole in it and waited a day to send it. Needless to say there were no evidence of cuttle babies and the eggs were in bad shape!! I tried to hatch them but they were all torn. :banghead:

I suggest being patient and getting eggs from someone on this site! They wont steer you wrong.

There are a couple of local pet stores in Pittsburgh PA that have been getting sepia bandensis eggs lately . Maybe you should ask LPS in your area if they could order them for you . I bought mine from Elmer's Aquarium and they were really cheap but I heard the price has gone up a little .

Officinalis at Live Aquaria

If they are correct about the ID (supposed to be aquacultured here) they should sell well. This is the first Sepia officinalis that has been for sale in the US that I can remember! Wish I had a tank large enough but the 140 is 3' tall and not long enough to house one.

If anyone is truly interested in eggs our LFS orders them for people. I could ship them to you if interested. To our ceph lovers in MO we sell them for 12 an egg. The eggs usually come in big, and ready to hatch. Sometimes they hatch the day they come in. PM me if you are interested?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back