• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttle on liveaquaria?

i dont plan on buying it i was just wondering what it was...and what distict characteristics there are between the bandensis and officinalis? I already know where i wil get my cuttles :smile:

Main difference is size and temp requirements.

Bandensis get 5-6"
Offinialis get 1.5" or so

Bandensis can be kept at temps around 72-78
Officinalis ideally should be kept 70 or lower

Paradox;112215 said:
Main difference is size and temp requirements.

Bandensis get 5-6"
Offinialis get 1.5" or so

Bandensis can be kept at temps around 72-78
Officinalis ideally should be kept 70 or lower

I think you meant

Officinalis get 1.5 feet

just to make sure no one is confused.

i know size is the main thing but as far as identifying markings go? When looking at a pic its hard to tell size. I know it says how large it is on liveaquaria but if it were a juvi officianlis it could be small too..

Whenever they have cephs, they go quick. The cuttle in question looked very much like a bandensis for 150 bucks. The usually have the officinalis link, and I am going to ask Kevin about it when I see him soon. Anyone interested should check the cuttle availability thread! :biggrin2:

Apparently this particular cuttle has already been sold and the page removed.

Monty, I've only seen the aquacultured S. officinalis you linked to listed as in-stock once, and that was a couple of years ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back