• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

cuttle fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm...

I did go back and read many of his posts and I understand how it could come across to that the advice given is not being followed. However, he says that everything is within normal now, and it's not like we can do anything but take his word for it. So, if the parameters are correct than there should be no issue with him having the octo, other than that he should never quit researching. Maybe, if you guys could get together in email or something and discuss this everything could be straightened out. :biggrin2:

:biggrin2: You bet. We have been discussing the issue at hand. Nancy has been nothing but patient, and I am sure, will continue to be so.

greg

truthfully my octopus is doing great and is realy happy. you are wright the past 4 treads I havent taken there advice but It was to tempting my parlements were perfect and I new that I could keep an octopus happy so I got the octopus. people thought I shouldent get an octopus becasue it was a risk. The tank could have been cycling but it wasent obviously. I took a risk that some of the tonmo care takers wouldent but I managed to get out good. I can bet everyone has made a risk in the hobby at one time Im am just glad that the octopus is fine.

Quote: "I can bet everyone has made a risk in the hobby at one time Im am just glad that the octopus is fine."

Well, I am glad the animal is doing well also. But, no, I have never taken risks like that before, and don't recommend doing it. Hopefully, you won't ever have to !

:smile: greg

hey cthulu777.....you have never taken risks? art u an artist? all i do is take risks however i do usually take others welfare into consideration as well as the welfare of our animal friends. as long as your not comiting cephelapod genocide. and if you guys dont stop bikkering im gonna come into the back seat and seperate you two and theryll be know pudding for you after dinner. just wait till your father comes home.

OK, I'm going to lock this thread now, and I'm going to have the last word.

Your Ceph Care moderators have the same vision or point of view here - good animal husbandry, taking the best possible care of your cephs. I think we should all try for this in being responsible ceph keepers. And this is the view I always try to reflect, tempered with kindness and understanding, especially for those people starting out.

As for risk, let me answer as an artist as well. There's a big difference taking a risk with a live creature and taking a risk by choosing an unusual color or composition in a watercolor painting.

Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back