• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttle-Farm-Army Success!!

I have had literally hundreds of eggs produced from my 6 Bandensis. I was not terribly optimistic with the first batch for they didnt seem to inflate, but the more recent eggs were growing. Two days ago I saw a hatchling floating in the egg section of my tank. Today I saw a second one and I see a good amount of eggs that are pretty ripe with active cuttles inside them.

So at exactly 5 months and 1 week from the birth of these wild caught eggs, they had thier first baby! :baby:

Not really looking forward to going through the mysid feeding stage again for these guys, but here we go again!

PICT0012.jpg

From the pics this one seems almost orange rather than the reddish brown, is it a different color from the others or just the light/monitor, or have I missed a common color (mine only showed the reddish brown/white similar to mercs)?

Looks normal to me. I have a normal fluorescent bulb over this which is pretty yellow compared to any aquarium bulb, so its prob softening the red to more of an orange..

Swingin'! Everyone else with bandensis, get on the stick! Lets make sure these guys don't have to be collected from the wild again!

Super Sweet!

Mine have not mated yet, though I expect them to soon. This is good that we finally have captive bred young. Hopefully us others will get some viable eggs too. Although, I am not sure what I will do if I get a bunch of little cuttles!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back