[Cuttlefish Eggs]: Cuttle babies

That's true, and if the shop doesn't the importer will certainly give all fish a prophylactic treatment. I worked in an importer's place for over a year and every tank got dosed, almost daily, unless it was an invert, ray or other sensitive animal.

Colin;108543 said:
That's true, and if the shop doesn't the importer will certainly give all fish a prophylactic treatment. I worked in an importer's place for over a year and every tank got dosed, almost daily, unless it was an invert, ray or other sensitive animal.

This probably explains why I lost an officinalis a while back. During some major storm season I wa unable to get live foods for a week. I had to resort to small feeders from the LFS. The cuttle got weaker and died within 2 weeks. I always suspected this was related to the feeders, but was never certain

All of our tanks except the invert systems are treated with copper. I wasn't even thinking to be careful about that. Thanks for the advice.

One of the babies died last night. I am certain his death was due to lack of food for so long. There is another that is weak but I made sure that he got 2 mysids today. I am going to feed two times a day for a few days so that they can get their strength back up. The one that died was one of the smaller ones that wouldn't eat frozen.

Here are some pictures finally like I promised :smile:.

The first is from 1/04 and the rest are from the 13th or 14th.

More coming...

Attachments

• conv_292173.jpg
    conv_292173.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 98
  • conv_292174.jpg
    conv_292174.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 104
  • conv_292175.jpg
    conv_292175.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 116
  • conv_292176.jpg
    conv_292176.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 108
Lol sorry it took so long I've been staring at the chalice thread on RC while they upload. I still have more...

Attachments

• conv_292177.jpg
    conv_292177.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 106
  • conv_292178.jpg
    conv_292178.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 78
  • conv_292179.jpg
    conv_292179.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
  • conv_292180.jpg
    conv_292180.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 111
Thanks tread head. Yeah he got it :smile:.

These are the last shots for now. I hope it was worth the wait. I will see if I can get those videos up on photobucket too.

Attachments

• conv_292185.jpg
    conv_292185.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
  • conv_292186.jpg
    conv_292186.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
  • conv_292187.jpg
    conv_292187.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 115
I have tried using sailfin Mollies from Paul Sachs since I know he does not treat with copper (I confirmed this before ordering) and he had already acclimated them to full salt. They reproduce at least as well as guppies (they eat their young so you have to separate the fry quickly) but I could not get my first brood of Mercatoris babies interested and gave away the adults.

Here are the videos from a while back:

For the most part I was trying to get them catching the shrimp, which I did a little bit. If I were to take a video now it would probably be much more eventful.

Edit: Sorry for the horrible quality, I didn't think that photobucket would do that, I am looking for somewhere else to host the videos right now.

I acually only have cuttles right now. In the future I want to get a big tank to raise a group of larger cuttles. I am thinking of a 210, but I don't have anywhere to put it right now. Then this tank would be open for octopus again.

Until then I will just keep stuffing my 12 gallon with way more coral than should be in it :smile:. And modding everything so that it has all the features of that a big tank should have and everything that the typical nano keeper wants to stay away from :biggrin2:.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back