• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Cuttelfish-Sepia Bandensis available!

Rich (thales) and I are offering some sepia Bandensis eggs for sale. This years season has been pretty dry for availability and I almost thought we missed our chance, meaning there would be no cuttles for up to a year! Luckily we did come across some and are selling some extras, so this is your chance if you have been looking for them!

We put together a quick site to sell them from, so please only contact us through this website for orders for its difficult to keep track of messages in multiple places.

www.Bandensis.com

Please be sure that you have read all the care articles and know what you are getting into before buying. I will not start shipping until after the Thanksgiving weekend.

Happy Thanksgivings!! :roflmao:

this may be a dumb question, but could an egg and eventually hatchling be housed in the same tank as a small octopus? or should they have dedicated tanks?

k0mpresd;128587 said:
this may be a dumb question, but could an egg and eventually hatchling be housed in the same tank as a small octopus? or should they have dedicated tanks?

Common wisdom is they should have separate tanks. If you haven't already, check out the care links on the bandensis site or in the cuttlefish care section here on TONMO.

Mike Bauer;176083 said:
Try
Michael Stern
914-661-3128
www.NYAquatic.com

if he doesn't have them now he should get some more in. If not email me at [email protected] and I can think of 2 other places.

http://www.saltwaterfishshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=486
Sources of Live Cephalopods - The Cephalopod Page

From reading some of your other posts you already know the other.
Best of luck

NYAquatics keeps cuttles in low salinity tanks, 19 ppt, and it would be difficult for animals to survive in 'normal' salinity levels afterwards. Does anyone have any success stories with bandensis from there?

Actually, the animals tend to hatch earlier in unfavorable conditions such as this. There's unpublished data (Chun-Yen Lin) showing that embryos will hatch prematurely in low salinity (26 ppt) and he found out that if the embryo was less than 36 days old, survival rate was minimal. Note: this was with pharaonis embryos.

Ok, I read that but it didn't stick because I was looking for the difference between the pharraonis and the dwarf, instead of focusing on the hatching and the salt levels. Sorry I missed that. So do you think that is causing the floating butt issue? If I recall that was why the article popped up. Again I completely missed this and thanks for pointing it out; sometimes I need people to be direct and say what they want me me see instead of pointing me in the correct direction. Sorry for that.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back