Cute Octopus Ring

Alizerin

Cuttlefish
Registered
Cute Octopus ring:

r003-950a.jpg

I've spent the last two months searching for a small, cute, silver ring. This one retails for $2,500. I'd like to find one for under $50 - I'm cheap. Most of the rings I've found are huge hideous things, for waaay to much money. Now, there's 2,455,745,452 Dolphin rings for under $20 :yelling:. Tis frustrating!

This is a nice ring - it's just an ordinary diamond ring with a little gold octopus soldered onto it - really picks it up, doesn't it?

I've seen a lot of inexpensive octopus jewelry in the last couple of years, much of it on EBay. Octopuses are less popular than dolphins, so that's why so don't see them as often. Keep looking!

Nancy

What's this?

Alizerin,

Hiya,

I'm Donnerboy and I keep two threads you should be interested in. the main one is on Ceph furniture which is just about everything..., and the other is Ceph Jewelry.

Just click on the link. It has all kinds of stuff, but as you find any octo or squid piece, please save a pic and add it to our list. That way all of us can appreciate what is out there, and for that matter add that pic to it as well.

Personally, I love that ring and would get it for the girl in my life if she were half as octo as I was. It's a great thing.

Thanks for the link Donnerby. I had lotsa fun looking at that thread. I've been kicking around this little ring - But somehow,I think I'll hear from people is....

"I think the stones fell out of your ring." :hmm:

It's a neat idea for stacker rings. I've seen it around, but nobody has a picture of someone actually wearing it.

Thank you Nancy, I've been looking in ebay - Somewhere at some time, someone's going to go through Their grandmothers things and think...Ewwww. Then put it on e-bay for 10 bucks!

dwhatley: That's it, something nice and a little discreet. You know what I'm thinking of doing?! --- Buying a plain silver band and getting a small octopus pendant, cutting of the hole on it, and sodering onto the ring (I have a solder gun). They also make something called Liquid Weld. I could get the band and octopus pendant for pretty cheap! Think I'll go that route!!

corw314, If I could find a CZ ring , that would be awsome. As for that diamond princess ring - If I saw it in a store and tried it on, they'd have to pry it out of my dead cold hands.:tongue:

Attachments

• conv_292674.jpg
    conv_292674.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 72
Alizerin;116414 said:
dwhatley: That's it, something nice and a little discreet. You know what I'm thinking of doing?! --- Buying a plain silver band and getting a small octopus pendant, cutting of the hole on it, and sodering onto the ring (I have a solder gun). They also make something called Liquid Weld. I could get the band and octopus pendant for pretty cheap! Think I'll go that route!!

I bought a 14K pair of gold octo earrings and have tried to drill through an agate band to create a simple wedding band style ring but Neal went through two drill bit sets without success so I am still looking. I have a wide gold wedding band that I may take to a jeweler to drill (thus ensuring that the octo does not come off - glueing and fish tanks don't work) but I am still looking for something a little different.

Ebay item #:220230880539

Okay, which 12 of you are bidding on this octopus pin up to $2,500. (we may never know) :wink:

It's rhinestones not diamonds for goodness sake! although it's really pretty.

It would be possible to get a sterling or gold octopus charm and solder it by using a torch like a jeweler does - a soldering iron won't work. And this requires some experience and skill.
It might be possible to saw the ring off the charm, too.

Or, you could carve the whole thing in wax and cast it!

Nancy

Thanks!

I kinda figuered that regarding the sodering. I'm truly not ambitious enough to make my own wax mold! You're right about filing the pendant. I think it might be interesting to buy, lets say, a small cute silver pendant for $10-$20 dollars via ebay and then trying the liquid weld product. It might not stand the test of time, but then again, it might surprise me and last while! For $10 or so, it's worth a shot. I'll let you know how my experiment goes! :biggrin2:

Nancy makes jewelry, although I think she's been too busy writing a book to have much time for it lately. If I'm not mistaken she does silver casting as part of it.

Oh, Nancy, you must think I'm absolutely silly! It would be the truth. :roflmao: I'm also shamelessly cheap when it comes to self adornment. I just bought these adorable earings on ebay for $4.03. The perfect size. I'm sure they're real thin so I'd have to kinda bend them around the band a little. If it doesn't work out, I'll have a back-up to get someone to meld them together properly! (I'm so efficient)

(They seem to have a few there still, can't beat the price)

Attachments

• conv_292704.jpg
    conv_292704.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 69
Yes, sorseress

I saw that in an annoucement somwhere here. I do look forward to the book coming out! Perhaps by the time it does I will have hung around long enough to finagle myself a signed copy. :razz:

The hardest part of getting signed copies is that Nancy is in Texas and Colin is in Scotland. Makes it a bit awkward. Maybe we can all chip in and bring Colin to the states for a major book signing, as well as at least a mini Tonmocon.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back