• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

current souce for blue rings? (for a zoo)

Venom

Cuttlefish
Registered
Before I get the barage of "No one should keep blue rings!"
Let me state that I'm the Supervisor of Ectotherms for an AZA zoo and I'm looking for an animal for the zoo.
I'm trying to find a current source on blue rings for one of our exhibits.

thanks!

Neogonodacylus (Roy Caldwell) is probably your best bet, unless the NRCC has them.

I'm moving this thread to the "Exotics" section since we prefer keeping discussions of animals we don't recommend as pets over there.

hey the lfs i work in gets them in acctually 3 came in today 2 went to AQWA i was thinking of getting the last one but not sure yet.
i work at ocean reef marine aquariums the number is (08) 94093039 western australia so u would probly have to get the country code.
but yeh my boss can get them for u hes going to be up north of another week so if u want one now is the time to ask while he can catch one readly

Aquarium Arts in Mesa AZ can get them anytime...but you should be able to order through any lfs or online fish store. They are quite common in the pet trade.

Okay, you did say that you don't want a barrage of 'no one should keep them' but unless you are planning on collecting them yourself and transporting them yourself you are missing the main reason why many people think you shouldn't keep them and that's because of the miserably low survival rate of shipping - they usually turn up dead in the bag. Many don't live long enough to envenomate anything!

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back