[Octopus]: Creepy - O. briareus

Creepy's loss was not as sad as losing KaySoh because we rarely saw her but I have gone to check on the tank twice before realizing she was no longer there.

RIP Creepy, sorry you're having bad octo karma lately... :sad:

Not bad karma, Monty. Both females were post brood and the end was natural. KaySoh lived particularly long after brooding and CaptFish is experiencing something similar (Conanny also lived quite awhile) but in Leg's case, she is active and eating again but blind.

Creepy was preserved but did not preserve well because I did not find her until the next morning. Since Garrett was hesitant to disect his well preserved male and female hummelinckis, I wrote Jana and suggested that Creepy would be the ideal candidate for some summer biology. School is out so they had time to explore this week.

We just examined Creepy. Creepy's measurements are mantle 5.08 cm and longest leg 17.45cm. We were able to find the entire digestive system. The kidneys were still intact. We didn't have a diagram of the octopus anatomy, so we don't know if we were seeing what we thought we were seeing. He had so much fun, and so did I. Thanks again.
Jana and Garrett

Jana has promised pictures so I will add them when they arrive.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back