• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Couple Questions...

Wow...that link is one of the best, clear, easy to understand descriptions, of what happens in a tanks cycling I think I have ever read.

shipposhack;99570 said:
Hey sorry it took so long to find. RC has a terrible search feature (always too busy, how to do they expect me to buy nice corals and equipment AND be a paying member >.> :biggrin2:). Anyway I finally found it and what a joy it is to read. It will make you feel smarter I guarantee it (unless you are already pretty smart, then it will just make you feel good that you found something up to par). Anyway here it is. I believe after the first few pages I just skipped most the posts unless it was by EricHugo (or it looked worth my while). Read it all if you have the time and patience though.

Maturity Issues - Reef Central Online Community

Sadly I don't think all the telling in the world will help someone that has never had a tank before. Most have to experience this, hopefully just once, before they will believe that you actually have to leave your tank with nothing in it for a good while. Oh well hope this helps some people with their next tanks or gives insight as to why it's important to wait.

:read::thumbsup:
Thanks for that!

Shipposhack,
I just passed the link to one of Sealife's new customers who asked about increasing their clean-up crew order to include primary critters. The discussion is pure gold.
Thanks again,

shipposhack;99570 said:
Hey sorry it took so long to find. RC has a terrible search feature (always too busy...

You can go to Google and search any site, bypassing that site's own search engine. To find that particular thread, for example, I might go to Google and type in:

"maturity issues site:reefcentral.com"

Since I know the name of the thread it is easy. The problem is there are so many threads in the history of RC that it is hard to find a particular one because you have to find a handful of words that appeared in that thread and that thread only.

Dan

dwhatley- You're welcome, glad it was helpful.

DHyslop- Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try it next time (if I remember). It was difficult to find. Last time I read that was at least a month ago; I had to remember about 6 key words that don't belong in most other topics to find the correct thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back