• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Copper

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Correct me if i am wrong.... Starfish are inverts,octi are inverts, so they have the same sensitivity to copper?

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Registered
ant said:
Correct me if i am wrong.... Starfish are inverts,octi are inverts, so they have the same sensitivity to copper?

There are many, many different invertebrates-- generalizing about them like that is similar to saying "gophers are vertebrates. goldfish are vertebrates. I know if I hold a gopher underwater for 5 minutes it will die, so it stands to reason that if I hold a goldfish under water for 5 minutes it will die."

However, I have no idea if starfish are sensitive to copper levels or not.

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I would say yes. They are an invert and all inverts are sensative to copper. (I think?) Have always thought so anyway.......

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
generally copper and inverts don't mix

can you be more specific? is it for a treatment?

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annainbrooklyn

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak