• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

copper?

Rohman

Hatchling
Registered
i just thougth of something bad, i have a reverse osmosis/di kit under my sink, but the water supply comes from a copper pipe, will my filters get rid of any trace of copper so its healthy for my tank

In theory they should but its off to a bad start. However, most houses have copper pipes now and not all reef keepers have problems.

Buy a test kit for copper and see how it is coming out the clean end, also be aware that the RO units lose effectiveness over time and will eventually start letting copper through. Just be aware that it could be a problem... A friend has copper pipes and an RO unit used for a huge reef tank and no problems with inverts

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back