• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Copper?

I recently got my sump and my tank from craigs list and have no idea if copper was used. if I put other inverts such as hermit crabs and a clean up crew in it will they also die if copper was used?

How sensitive are octos compared to a clean up crew?

We really don't recommend buying a used tank unless you can make sure no copper was ever used.

Inverts are sensitive to copper, but sometimes not as much as octopuses, for whom copper is deadly.

Sorry about that, maybe you can use your tank as a reef tank. If you've never kept an aquarium, especially saltwater, it's a good idea to "practice" for a while without a ceph.

Nancy

im experienced and I got the tank as a gift so I would have asked but I wasnt there. if copper was used though how long would it be before it affected something like a hermit or a cuc?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back