Content Contributions

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
Hi folks,

I'm going to try something here. We have a wealth of knowledgeable and experienced ceph-enthusiasts in our community. As such, I would like to drum up some more articles to add to the site.

The TONMO.com staff knows that I'm interested in adding to our content repository, to ensure we have something for everyone who visits the site. i.e., I want to make sure that people who are visiting TONMO.com to learn something about cephalopods (which should certainly be the majority) don't leave here disappointed.

Part of it has to do with navigation and search, and that's on my never-ending to-do list. Some of it, though, has to do with a lack of fundamental, centering articles on a variety of topics. Our forums are great, and in fact I also plan to sift through our forums to convert some of our best posts/threads into articles as well. (Any suggestions, please post here!)

I'll list the subject matter that I'm interested in adding articles for below. I'd like to welcome anyone to contribute by basically researching and authoring an article so I can post it in the appropriate place on TONMO.com. My ground rules for this are as follows:
  • No plagiarism
  • Per TONMO.com's Terms of Service, contributed content can be used by me as I see fit on TONMO.com.
  • If multiple people contribute the same or similar articles, I may (or may not) combine the articles.
  • Credit to the author(s) will always be given no matter where or how the contributed content is leveraged.
  • I may edit your articles as I see fit. If I do so, you'll retain credit as author with an "edited by" credit to myself (just so you don't need to be associated with any of my edits)
  • Once the article is submitted, it is available for me to use indefinitely. If you'd like to not be credited for the article at any time, you can let me know. Of course you are free to use your own content however you like, but the edited version which appears on TONMO.com is not available for reuse without permission from me (if you were the original offer, I'll much more than likely grant that permission, if you indeed want any edits I might have made!)
  • You can request edits to your article at any time, which I'll take under consideration and, again, will more than likely grant.
With that out of the way, here are the subject categories I'm interested in articles for:
  • Mimic octopus or wunderpus
  • Nautilus Basics
  • Squid Basics
  • Cephalopod Glossary (perhaps this can be pieced together)
  • Saltwater Aquarium Glossary (ditto)
  • Octopus Anatomy (perhaps augment the Octopus Basics article?)
  • Basic Squid Anatomy
  • Basic Cuttlefish Anatomy (perhaps augment the Cuttlefish Basics article?)
  • Popular Octopus "Tricks"
  • How to photograph / videotape your octopus
  • How to buy an octopus
  • Octopus and Squid Tattoos
  • Any editorials are welcome
You don't have to be a best-selling author and you don't need to write a novel. Even if it's just 5 or 6 paragraphs, I should be able to make something work with it, at least to start. Just email me at [email protected].

If you have ideas on what should be added to this "wish-list", please do post them here as well.

Thanks!

*cough*

:mrgreen: Actually I still have a lot of catching up to do before I should be coughing in here. I have an article and videos from Righty to post, I have a year+ old paper from Dr. O'Shea which I somehow had lost in my email but recently found (:shock:), I need to convert several of Steve's existing .pdf papers to Web format, and I have a few other videos and pics to post (one is an incredible video of a bimac doing the "walking" behavior inside a tank!)... Of course there's Phil's great ceph's through the ages updated poster, and all the smilies within which need to be added to our smiley board... and then there's pulling out the gems from the forum and converting them to articles! Oh man, and what about the videos from TONMOCON I?? :bonk:

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. All that said, more is better, so if you've got anything to send, do send!

Also -- a community member reminded me recently -- I'd also like to build out a section on this site for kids (old-timers will remember our kid's corner from years ago) -- there is a place for that here, I think.

Thanks!

:coffee:

Great!! Thanks cuttlegirl! Will follow up with you on this. PM or email me any ideas as well, if you're inspired and/or blessed with spare time...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back