confused?

OCTO OAKLEY said:
but if you guys here think it would not have much affect then sure i would gladly put some stuff up although there will be many of members that will do anything to get one after i do so i dont know if its a good idea! and i will keep posted on orion by the way thats his name ha ha feelers helped me out with that its the egyptian god of the dead!

Er, isn't Osiris the Egyptian god of the dead? Orion is a constellation of "the hunter"-- wikipedia says he's also a Titan in Greek mythology.

Anyway, from a purely greedy standpoint, I would love to see pictures of and hear stories about Orion, and I hope he does well in your tank. But I'll understand if you are worried about that. It seems to me that if the pix and videos are included in this thread or one that explicitly states that you/we don't believe these animals should be collected and sold as pets at all, it might be OK-- in fact, maybe people looking for videos when deciding about them would be exposed to the reasons not to support the trade, etc. Alternatively, maybe they could be posted in some restricted way so that only registered TONMO users were allowed to see them, or there was a very explicit notice about them, or something.

Also, although it sounds like your LFS guy is pretty reasonable already, I was thinking it would be a good idea to show him the discussion on this thread, since he's in a position to have some influence on the trade (and I think he came across as looking very responsible and reasonable in your descriptions.)

:welcome: Orion ( we don't have a mimic/wonderpus smilie!)

oops i put orion yeah its osiris i meant to put that ha ha! typo! and see that would be totally fine to put some vids and pics up i just dont want it to send the wrong message that its okay to keep them cuz its not! so i will keep track of everything, water changes food ect. everything and anything even every crab and shrimp its ate when it comes out and when it hides, if it inks just everything that you can think of will be written down! i hope to have a huge research paper photos and all within in the time i host my little buddy! and hey monty thats an awesome idea i will let him read this when i go to the lfs again so he can get a better understanding and different view points!

but are smilies just gif's? if so i could make hundreds im really good with paint shop pro and this gif animator! so if thats the case just give me ideas and i will make them into smilys!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back