Coming to cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
krin said:
You must understand that drinkwas involved while watching the Dr Steve O'Shea squid foldling video! We were drinking, not the squids or the good doctor himself.

what a shame...now that wouldve been infotainment! im sorry, but i just feel compelled to say "squid fondling" thats a great term...:smile:

:cthulhu: :heart: :beer:

Re: Coming to cable

Phil said:
I still think that rats would take over the world once man is removed from the scene, not squid, but there you go. That's a lot less fun!

Funny you should mention that, Phil... Dougal Dixon's After Man: A Zoology of the Future deals with a world 13 million years after us, and the predatory rats, now called Phalanxes rule the carnivore scene.

"The Future is Wild" makes an interesting argument for the end of Vertebrate dominion. Given the structure of the world 300 million years from now, such lifeforms are possible... Even the Megasquid, funny enough... I asked a physiologist friend of mine and it is theoretically possible, but... Ah, never mind. I say that, given 300 million years anything is possible, but think about this: These creatures, squibbon amd their kin, by their definition are not cephalopods but are something completely derived. It is akin to why we don't call a human a tree shrew.

Given a few million years from now, even humanity won't be "human" anymore...

Sushi and Sake,

John

THE FUTURE IS WILD, WILL ROBINSON!!!

Heads up, fellow bio-futurists!!

Starting July 8, "The Future is Wild" will be shown on Animal Planet as a new weekly series featuring all new weirdies from the far future! All hail the molluscan overlords! Who'll be making pearls NOW?!?!?

Sushi and Sake, but hold the Tako-Yaki

John

Status
Not open for further replies.