• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Circulation and flow

oscar

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
i have my return running all the way to the bottom in the back corner of the tank split up with t-pieces so that there is current on all levels of the tank

though the flow isnt as strong as id like :frown:

If you can get a pic Cephkid that would be cool, bout to redo my piping (3rd reconfigure, bigger size with new more powerful pump)

been waiting on pump for moons but was to be posted with a mates crabs....arrrghh hurricanes hurricanes hurricanes!!!

was posted with crabs (some eventually sourced!), got lost and ended up stuck in post office...crabs died.... package returned...with my pump!!!!

There retrying in a few days!!!

Cephkid Your a diamond mate!!!

On your photo number 3 im lookin at your pipework and thinkin....

1) You have drilled holes in the pipework to create a spraybar effect with it comin out the end as well havnt you??

2) Is the pipework fixed in the tank with suckers along its length to help it stay up?? an if thats the case doesnt the octo pull it down?? my fear is that is exactly what'll happen especially when its at full growth, any thoughts?? i cant rememebr how old your set up is

Nice tank BTW, is that some kinda montipora in the same pic??

Noticed you have another kinda softi ( cant rememebr pic near back left of your tank an can never rememebr name of softi!!!) in there that i want an am gunna put in me nano reef when i get that rollin aswell!!

Cheers :biggrin2:

Cephkid

Sepia elegans
Registered
1. yep. :mrgreen:
2. screwed into the black overflow, and has these black "clamps" inside the overflow. 3 years old.
3. the softy on the right is a kenya tree, the ones on the left are zoanthids that use LOTS of light if you want full coloration.

HTH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndyR83

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak