Chippendale bird table

as the Super suture searcher went down like a lead balloon of Montgolfier proportions what about a new birdtable (table des oiseau) instead ?

Handcrafted by my goodself from left over timber from the "build" namely skirting, roof timber for a Velux window, pallet & a slab of oak I found in the barn :idea:

As this is a ceph site I have incorporated into the design some exquisitally carved ammonites in true Chippendale fashion (he did mice, mice aren't cephs)

usual terms & conditions apply :roll:

another poor response & I'll stop reserving these quality items for tonmo people. :x
Chippendale.jpg

Chippendale1.jpg

atticus_finch said:
RE: your table d'oiseau..nice work. :smile: a.f.

shucks, :oops: thanks A.F., I aim to please (your aim will help said the toilet inspector)

may find it's "des oiseaux" as it is designed for more than one (plural) bird, but hey that's just me being picky n'est pas ? :roll:

Very nice work, Spartacus. By far the finest table d'oiseau I've seen this morning.

However, I'm somewhat puzzed by your choice of the Aulacostephanus autissiodariensis macroconch motif you have chosen on the finely carved oak stand. Precisely what form of oiseau are you expecting to attract?

You see, I'm fairly convinced that unless you have discovered a Plateau du Challenger dans la Massif, pterosaurs are extinct, and I believe the humble garden sparrow would barely recognise an Aulacostephanus if it jumped up and bit it.

May I humbly suggest for the other faces of the stand one carves ammonoids that at least vaguely resemble extant garden gastropods. Oiseaus du jardin may be attracted by an image of a nice meal, rather than a ghastly primitive tentacled grappling mollusc. Shudder!

Phil said:
Very nice work, Spartacus. By far the finest table d'oiseau I've seen this morning.

However, I'm somewhat puzzed by your choice of the Aulacostephanus autissiodariensis macroconch motif you have chosen on the finely carved oak stand. Precisely what form of oiseau are you expecting to attract?

You see, I'm fairly convinced that unless you have discovered a Plateau du Challenger dans la Massif, pterosaurs are extinct, and I believe the humble garden sparrow would barely recognise an Aulacostephanus if it jumped up and bit it.

May I humbly suggest for the other faces of the stand one carves ammonoids that at least vaguely resemble extant garden gastropods. Oiseaus du jardin may be attracted by an image of a nice meal, rather than a ghastly primitive tentacled grappling mollusc. Shudder!

Bonjour mon ami, ca va ?
with reference to your valid concerns above please relax, so poisoned is the surrounding terrain with the extinct curly cephalopodan form that ickle tweet birds used the inner whorls of Sonninia patella (trans: Sonya's kneecap) in which to bathe with no signs of concern whatsoever. :grad:
All is at one, peace & harmony in the Vendée.

Cool Bird station ! I had always thought that small birds were attracted to mollusks...?

cthulhu77 said:
Cool Bird station ! I had always thought that small birds were attracted to mollusks...?

the basis of the design from the outset was to create a feeding "station" (I like that Greg) that would be ideal for our cephalopod friends had they evolved to take to the skies ! but the didn't so our avian friends get to use it instead :roll:

Perhaps you just need some more pegs and sublevels to attract the cephalopods...just think, you could be personally responsible for the paradigm shift that enables octopus to fly !!!!!

atticus_finch said:
Spartacus: i want my own table d'oiseau..delivery tomorrow.. btw,
can you include Neil Diamond tickets? there's a luv, thx very much.

jk.. a.f. :P

no sweat, got 1 left but the MIL will be not happy that I flogged her handmade cadeaux

pick it up out the front Sweety & I'll throw in a whole Wemberrrrrly stadium of unwanted ND tickets for his
"Sloppy Kisses, Someone Else's Misses" tour ! :P or if you'd prefer a pair of tickets for Kenny Ball's
"I Blow my own Trumpet !" sell-out effort

Keef

spartacus said:
pick it up out the front Sweety & I'll throw in a whole Wemberrrrrly stadium of unwanted ND tickets for his
"Sloppy Kisses, Someone Else's Misses" tour !
I'll give Wembley a miss but thanks for the offer. May I request a change in tickets?
Forward the ND to Steve, and send me tickets for Squid Vicious & the Ceph Pistols.

8)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back