• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $50/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crytpo!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Chiller size for ruby octo

AuroraVK

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Hello!

My octo tank (Red Sea reefer 250 (66 gallons all in) is all set up and fully cycled (been cycling for a while, I set it up in July and just added a clean up crew/future octo snacks). I have kept saltwater for several years and I have a Red Sea 900xxl (~240 gal) and that’s how my 250 freed up about a year ago.

I live in Paso Robles and have seen ruby octopuses in the tide pools nearby so my plan is to get one myself (I’ve read up on it and I can take one as a pet with a fishing license, subject to some limitations).

In any event, my question is what size chiller I should get for the tank to maintain 55-60 - assume the room is up to 78 in the summer a few times a year.

Attachments

• C301335B-98B2-42CE-A63C-9462A1616B3F.jpeg
    C301335B-98B2-42CE-A63C-9462A1616B3F.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6

Tomh

Wonderpus
Sponsor
Hi your better off going a little on the bigger side! Just in case. Better to lower it than run it full force. Thanks

Latest Posts