check this out - something big's cooking!!!

Well, no... :oops: ...I missed the employment thing. Oh, the things I would do if I had money! Winning the hundreds-of-millions lotteries we tend to have these days, for instance. You'd have your own sub, Steve-O...provided I could get a ride now and then! :biggrin2:

rusty

Patience, Grasshoppa! According to this international time zone map I've found, as I write this (8:30 am central US time) the time in Kiwiland is...uh...

3:30 am Wednesday morning? Um...I need to work on that...I think they ARE right next to the international date line...

A coworker has a wife from New Zealand. I think I'll ask him when he comes in.

rusty

Yup, coworker confirmed it. They're 5 hours earlier than Central US and a day later. :o

I hope they get up early this morning though! :P I mean, wouldn't you be excited? 'course...I suppose the store with the photos prolly doesn't open before 8 or 9...sigh. I guess maybe we won't be seeing anything till this late afternoon/early evening?

rusty

I would have to say that I am also twitching with anticipation (or was it the dave's insanity sauce I had on my eggs this morning?)... Can't wait!

Chuckle.

.....drum roll... :band:

We've bred a new species of dusty wingless fly that lives in squid goo.....

....no, no, no ..... maybe it's the discovery of a new breed of maggot hereafter referred to as a naggot.....

....no, no, no, no .... maybe it's that we found a 7-year-old sandwich in one of the draws in my old office .... and it was still edible ......

....or was it .... you'll just have to wait a few more hours ..... :biggrin2:

.... perhaps I'll go have a coffee, then trundle on down to the photo store and pick up the prints .... or perhaps wait for Tintenfisch to rise from her slumber (this could be morrow) and do it then .... maybe we'll go for a swim instead .... coz we are unemployed for another .... hmmmmm ..... 5 days .... and it is summer .......

...maybe I should call a few press cobbers and give them a scoop. I know, I'll call the Queen. And from the drains green mist did rise and shroud their abode in the heartland of Wellington, and the bellowing and prancing of thousands of tutu-clad cane toads was heard across the oceans ........... Queen Sheetal did stir .......

According to my office friend, New Zealand was named by the Dutch explorer Abel Tasman. It was actually something on the order of "Neui Zealand" (I didn't nail the spelling down) which means the same thing. The "Old Zealand" he was by implication referring to was a specific region of his homeland, and Zealand itself apparently means "Sea Land."

rusty

Wow, you guys are champing at the bit as much as I am - and would you believe it (I swear I'm not just being evil) I went down to get the films and they'd had mechanical delays!!! Apparently they don't know the sanity of millions depends on their prompt processing! But they should be done within the hour - so I will do my best to have the news up by [pause for calculation] 8pm central US time?
LOL, I'm on the edge of my own seat...

and would you believe it (I swear I'm not just being evil) I went down to get the films and they'd had mechanical delays!!!

AAAARRRRRGH!

Kat, maybe you should offer to leave them a pressy (hidden of course!) of nicely slimy, rotting squid temtacles (hmm some could be draped artistically over the counter!) only to be removed when you get the pics!!

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back