check this out - something big's cooking!!!

Sedusa

GPO
Registered
I would have to say that I am also twitching with anticipation (or was it the dave's insanity sauce I had on my eggs this morning?)... Can't wait!

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Chuckle.

.....drum roll... :band:

We've bred a new species of dusty wingless fly that lives in squid goo.....

....no, no, no ..... maybe it's the discovery of a new breed of maggot hereafter referred to as a naggot.....

....no, no, no, no .... maybe it's that we found a 7-year-old sandwich in one of the draws in my old office .... and it was still edible ......

....or was it .... you'll just have to wait a few more hours ..... :biggrin2:

.... perhaps I'll go have a coffee, then trundle on down to the photo store and pick up the prints .... or perhaps wait for Tintenfisch to rise from her slumber (this could be morrow) and do it then .... maybe we'll go for a swim instead .... coz we are unemployed for another .... hmmmmm ..... 5 days .... and it is summer .......

...maybe I should call a few press cobbers and give them a scoop. I know, I'll call the Queen. And from the drains green mist did rise and shroud their abode in the heartland of Wellington, and the bellowing and prancing of thousands of tutu-clad cane toads was heard across the oceans ........... Queen Sheetal did stir .......

According to my office friend, New Zealand was named by the Dutch explorer Abel Tasman. It was actually something on the order of "Neui Zealand" (I didn't nail the spelling down) which means the same thing. The "Old Zealand" he was by implication referring to was a specific region of his homeland, and Zealand itself apparently means "Sea Land."

rusty

Architeuthoceras

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Thanks Rusty :biggrin2:

I guess I could have looked it up myself, but I,m all dazed and confused, trying to get some work done and waiting for the news to come :? :?

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Wow, you guys are champing at the bit as much as I am - and would you believe it (I swear I'm not just being evil) I went down to get the films and they'd had mechanical delays!!! Apparently they don't know the sanity of millions depends on their prompt processing! But they should be done within the hour - so I will do my best to have the news up by [pause for calculation] 8pm central US time?
LOL, I'm on the edge of my own seat...

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
and would you believe it (I swear I'm not just being evil) I went down to get the films and they'd had mechanical delays!!!

AAAARRRRRGH!

Kat, maybe you should offer to leave them a pressy (hidden of course!) of nicely slimy, rotting squid temtacles (hmm some could be draped artistically over the counter!) only to be removed when you get the pics!!

J

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
MECHNICAL BREAKDOWN????????????? :shock:

Alright. It's 7:34 EST. You have 26 minutes or I hop on a plane!!!!!!!!!!

(I wish!!!!)

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sooooo patiently waiting, and if it's a maggot..........................

Carol

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
:tomato:

OK, you're gonna kill me. The films, while containing many amusing shots of Steve, don't have the pics I wanted because I had to switch rolls...
Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow. 5 shots or not, I'm taking those suckers (ahem) in for developing this afternoon.
Guess you can watch State of the Union instead... :oops:

Sigh.

And it's not naggots [sic] - I promise.

Phil

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Aarghh! What are you lot up to? Tintenfisch.... Torquemada more like!

You are evil, torturing us like this. We'll send you our medical bills, then you'll regret winding us up like this!

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
I can vouch for T-fisch; this film confusion was a most unfortunate incident/accident. Morrow prints will be out in 1 hr (we did finish off one offending roll of film on horseback this avo .... atop the worlds largest and longest stallion it was .... we are on holiday you know :biggrin2: ), and as soon as we get my scanner operational TTF will have an image online. Unfortunately none of the shots of Steve can be reproduced online ... for reasons we'll not go into.

Sorry all, but the wait will be worth it. We're considering not telling you everything .... perhaps we'll just put a single image online, without text, and get you to determine the significance of it .... or perhaps we'll give you a few clues.

What do you want? A challenge or something delivered to you on a plate?

Anon
(aka, one cog in the axis of dark and dastardly eveeeel)

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Well....... I say challenge! Still waiting................................... :roll:

Hmmmmm...... Steve's photo's cannot be seen........Hmmmmmm.........

Carol

I agree...you ARE dark and dastardly eeeeviiiillll. BUt....I think a challenge is also a quite cool idea. Of course, it means you'll have to camp out on the thread to see our ideas as they trickle in, but...

I suppose I can't blame those who are just dying to know RIGHT NOW for hating us for liking this idea... :twisted:

rusty

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
I've got my game on... challenge me! (I need to find a smilie with a battery on his/her shoulder)...