• Welcome to TONMO, a community of cephalopod experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts. Established in 2000, we are the founders of TONMOCON, and birthplace of World Octopus Day and Cephalopod Awareness Days. ...You can register here, and Introduce Yourself. To rid yourself of ads and enjoy other perks, become a Supporter for just $25/year. (Now accepting bitcoin & other crypto!) ...Follow us on Twitter and YouTube for more cephy goodness.
  • Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

CHEAP RO/DI filter systems

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
That seems like a reasonable deal...I especially like the fact that they also sell the replacement stuff. Let us know how it works out !

greg

DocFrye

O. vulgaris
Registered
Just do not expect to get anywhere near 125 gallons in one day from these units. I have 2 very similar to these. They work well, but you are very limitted with a 4 gallon tank (can actually hold less than 3 gallons with the bladder inside.) You can call this company or a similar one and purchase a larger holding tank.

frusyks

Cuttlefish
Registered
I think it's a good deal, and though it says it is 125gal a day, will not need nearly that much....unless my 140lbs German Sheppard gets REALLY thirsty!

DocFrye

O. vulgaris
Registered
Well, it will give you about 2 gallons at a time. Then you need to wait a couple of hours to get another 2 gallons.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Hence the need for some 55 gallon trash cans...that's what we used when breeding discus (required r/o water too)...now, I just use a 30 gallon.