Chasing Giants: On the Trail of the Giant Squid

Can anyone put this on youtube or google Video?
It seems that so much has changed on the discovery website, and one is no longer able to purchase the VHS(did it ever come out on DVD?). It being the leading documentary for ceph's that I have ever seen(seen many, spent many quids!) I certainly would like to see it somewhere up for download. After all these days, these new video sites you can upload anything with extreme ease. Of course, that is if Steve would permit one of us to upload it.

I have no say in the matter Dave; I don't even have a copy myself.

The Discovery site certainly has changed, considerably! So too has the channel! Rumours are even bigger changes are in the pipeline.

Maybe four new series:
American Squider
Monster Squidarrage
Squidyard Wars
Squid Busters

i think Daddy Discovery would object to it being on youtube the way nbc was opposed to SNL clips [see 'lazy sunday' for and clarification]

not that i'd be offended if such clips found their way to a very public medium....

Well, I've seen all sorts of clips and episodes on youtube, and it's not like if they can object, we would be having it linked to a specific audience. :smile:
All in all, I wouldn't disagree with having members of TONMO having a chance to see something that DC has stopped doing--very insightful documentaries!

Ugh. I am really upset about this. I had promised myself that I'd buy the three dvds/vhs that PBS had to offer on cephs in July. Now I finally have the dough to cough up, and they're not offering it anymore?

If anyone knows where I can get a hold of copies, let me know. Thanks!

Well, YouTube does remove clips sometimes-- I was looking for "Stewie from Family Guy Singing Rocket Man" the other day, and just got a YouTube notice "this clip has been removed because it violated our policy for copyrighted material" or something like that.

They may only do this if the copyright holder complains, though; there's certainly a lot of copyrighted stuff that goes up on YouTube that seems to stay indefinitely.

monty said:
Well, YouTube does remove clips sometimes-- I was looking for "Stewie from Family Guy Singing Rocket Man" the other day, and just got a YouTube notice "this clip has been removed because it violated our policy for copyrighted material" or something like that.

They may only do this if the copyright holder complains, though; there's certainly a lot of copyrighted stuff that goes up on YouTube that seems to stay indefinitely.
Something as popular as a specific Family Guy episode, I can understand, but not some documentary that only a select few will access.

What is youtube?

I think that you will find additional squid videos soon enough; the site is certainly being revamped, but they remain interested in these beasts. Keep an eye out at the beginning of August ... maybe (hard to say these days)

Steve O'Shea said:
What is youtube?

I think that you will find additional squid videos soon enough; the site is certainly being revamped, but they remain interested in these beasts. Keep an eye out at the beginning of August ... maybe (hard to say these days)

youtube is a site that lets the general public post videos for everyone on the web to access... it's gained a lot of popularity recently with people who want to post funny things for the world to see, but who don't have their own web sites with enough bandwidth or storage to post video.

Woot! The Mac plays all region (found that out when I bought some Chinese Kung-Fu movies and it was for Asia's region)... now to convince W. that I GOTTA have this dvd.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back