CHALLENGE

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
OK, guys, you asked for it. Here's pic #1 of the Amazing GS Discovery. We challenge you to figure out...

:arrow: What this is, and
:arrow: Why it's significant

Go for it!

Attachments

• conv_303240.jpg
    conv_303240.jpg
    954.5 KB · Views: 127
  • conv_303241.jpg
    conv_303241.jpg
    1,006.3 KB · Views: 126
LOL... Thing 1 and Thing 2, this sounds like a Dr. Seuss book...

I think this is what Archi ate
I think these things were on his plate
But I do not know what they were...
Bone, scales, chitin, feather... fur???

:wink:

Upvote 0
it looks to me like corned beef hash sprinkled with sucker discs. what is that above the 14 inch mark? hmm... TTF, are you implying with the fur comment that it may have been eating marine mammals??

Upvote 0
Aaaaaah... So we're looking at some HUMAN artifact? That's kinda cool, but sad. I mean, our trash is usually anything but healthy for wildlife... Hmm...

Oh, and Steve? As far as a Roman coin is concerned, that would be nothing short of amazing... But I thought you said that Archis don't live very long? So it would have to have eaten something that ate a Roman coin, or have found an old shipwreck, or something... You have found something that means anomalous behavior, haven't you? WOW....

Thanks to you and Tintenfisch for the photos... I'll d/l this one right now...

Have a wonderful day!

John

Upvote 0
I can see so many "things" consistently...it's like looking at pieces of a jigsaw puzzle...they all tickle something in my brain but I can't tease it out...I keep wanting to reach into the photo and play with/feel them! :biggrin2: There's this consistent theme of "looks like a broken fragment of a round ringlike structure with jagged toothlike edges along one rim and a channel or groove of some sort along the side." I can't think of anything that has a round mouth with teeth except something like a lamprey, and some urchins.

This is like a Rorschach inkblot test. The "thing" that spans cm ticks 28 and 29 in photo 2...about 2 cm above the measuring tape...that almost looks fetal to me, and yet toothy at the same time. And that blob above 25.5cm (mostly fat?) does look kinda articulated and posed like a wing. Or a crab's claw. Or a mantis claw...or...or...Gah! I dunno!! :P :biggrin2:

rusty

Upvote 0
Oh, and Steve, I know how you feel about the plastic... I've worked with sea turtles before, and plastics look a lot like cnidarians under water and... *sigh* I can't imagine dying from intestinal blockage, and there's NO REASON a turtle should have to die like that. Please don't tell me that we're killing off Architeuthis like that... are we?

Upvote 0
Did this giant eat a shark????? Could we be looking at some teeth????? Not shark teeth ya said....................Dolphin????? Polar bear?????

Hmmmmmm.......

Carol

Upvote 0
My file attachment contains some guesses for pic 2:

Red: octopus tongue

Blue: octopus tentacle

Yellow: crab leg (not a big deal, but is this correct?)

Green: octopus sucker

Why remarkable? Because it was not known that giant squid feed on octopus.

If I'm going down, at least it'll be swinging! :biggrin2:

download.php

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back