• Welcome to TONMO, the premier cephalopod interest community, and birthplace of #WorldOctopusDay and #CephalopodAwarenessDays. Founded in 2000, we are a large community of experts, hobbyists and enthusiasts, some of whom come together when we host our biennial conference. To join in on the fun, sign up. You can also become a Supporter for just $50/year to remove all ads and enjoy other perks. Follow us on Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Cephy references in the 2016 election

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Webmaster
Well... the 2016 presidential election sure has covered a lot of ground. :rolleyes: TONMO has been a nice place to go to get away from it all... Still, any affiliations aside, I thought it would be good to keep a running list of cephy references...

There was one cartoon of Hillary somewhat choked by a life preserver with two tentacles about to grab her feet but I can't find it.

Some of the cartoons are crude and provocative, but I guess that is the nature of it!

- Tim K referred to Trump as an octopus
Kaine Compares Trump Organization to Octopus - Daily Beast

- One of Trump's sexual assualt accusers refer to him acting like an octopus with his hands
Trump Sexual Assault Accuser: 'He Was Like an Octopus; His Hands Were Everywhere' - The Root

- of course, Cthulhu is running again: why choose the lesser of two evils?
- http://cthulhuforamerica.com

Reply with any sightings of your own!

and1213j_590_444.jpg

images.jpg

GPO87

Sepia elegans
Staff member
Why are cephalopods always used in negative metaphors? Why can't we have a comic of a candidate giving out lots of hugs or something? haha.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grantbey

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak