Cephs in Summer Cinema

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Registered
went to the movies yesterday morning :popcorn: and saw among the previews a couple ceph-ish critters .... obviously, theres a whole MESS of squidies in the Matrix Reloaded....also, in the preview for the animated Sinbad (b. pitt/c. zeta jones/ m. pfeifer) movie, i thought i caught an ever so quick glimpse of a tentacle wrapping up the ship....

hopefully the movies will be better than Tentacles

:cthulhu: :heart: :beer:

Avast ye! The squiddies are comin', and they plan ta drill all the way down ta Zion!

If you saw the Animatrix short "Final Flight of the Osiris", you'll know a big part of what's coming in "The Matrix Reloaded".

Sushi and Sake, be it only a Matrix illusion...

John

sinbad and the tentacles

Just watched the trailer for the animated Sinbad, and the tentacled thing is on the poster, looks like it has sort of a membraneous elizabethan collar thing happening, and mean eyes, and many tentacles coming out of its nose.

and Brad Pitt.....
:heart:
have attached poster

Re: sinbad and the tentacles

The Moog said:
Just watched the trailer for the animated Sinbad, and the tentacled thing is on the poster, looks like it has sort of a membraneous elizabethan collar thing happening, and mean eyes, and many tentacles coming out of its nose.

and Brad Pitt.....
:heart:
have attached poster

Hiya Moog!

Any sibling of Phil's is a buddy of mine. I trust you share his Weirdness Gene -- Phil and I often enjoy exchanging bizarre eBay auctions that we find (the URLs, not the items themselves :biggrin2: )

I just saw a trailer for the SINBAD feature on the telly, and it looks great! I assume it isn't Disney because that wasn't mentioned. Would it be from the same studio that did THE PRINCE OF EGYPT and ANASTASIA? (I forget their name....) ANASTASIA was pretty good, but THE PRINCE OF EGYPT was IMHO exceptional -- I even shelled out to buy a brand-new video of it for us to own, something we seldom do because of financial considerations. (Most recently I utilized my Amazon.com reward points to buy a new copy of SPIRITED AWAY for practically gratis.)

Yeah, Brad Pitt is a cutie, though I keep getting that uncomfortable "old enough to be his mother" feeling whenever I see him :frown: I did like Brad in INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE, but I actually liked Tom Cruise even better in that one. I am not much of a Cruise fan because I always found him rather bland, but he was cast against type -- with a vengeance -- in IWTV, and he made a sizzling Lestat. Wowie!

Hmmm.... anyone want to start a "TONMO Geek Gals' Favorite Hotties" thread on the Members Only message board? *

* NOTE:
Despite its title, thread will not discriminate on the basis of gender or sexual orientation -- it will only require an active PG-13 rated fantasy life and a high tolerance for copious amounts of cyber-drool. :mrgreen:

The Tanster
Exotic Brooklyn-by-the-Sea

Hello fellow Brad-appreciator!

Sinbad is a Dreamworks effort, seeing as I loved Shrek, (especially the tiddly little gingerbread man), I think that bodes well, the writing though, I suppose that will make all the difference. The writer is the same one who did Star Trek Nemesis (oooh Patrick) and Gladiator (oooooooh Russell). and the recent Time Machine (ooh, but a bit gaunt till the end-Guy).

I too appreciated Brad in IWTV, but couldn't really handle Tom as Lestat, preferred Stuart Townsend as Lestat in Queen of the Damned. Tom is too short and should stick to cocktails and running in every third scene of every film he's in.

I like the idea of a "hotties" thread, :thumbsup: it'll give me lots to think about whilst I'm living on a different continent for the summer!

As for weirdness gene, that's a funny one, don't know where it came from, think it has concentratd itself in Phil over the generations, I try to suppress my bit.....though I too enjoy Phil's bizarre trawling of E-bay, wish he'd buy some of it!

The Moog
Temporarily in Chicago

Right, so, as I ever-so-originally observed on another thread... :roll:
That thing in Sinbad looks suspiciously like Cthulhu to me! Cephalopod head (this is my overexcited response to one glimpse on a poster), bat wings (albeit slightly modified)... could it be?

Will they rate the movie only for persons Elder than 13? :wink:

:cthulhu:

i think those are more like fin type appendages in place of ears to frame the head as opposed to wings..... course thats just my take....

just watched the 1989 batman movie....among the balloons in the joker's parade is an octo balloon (filled with poison gas, too bad it wasnt a blue ring)

:cthulhu: :heart: :beer:

Just watched making of sinbad on HBO, they boringly referred to it as a "sea monster" with 8 tentacles, suckers, and fins that flap round its head. It seems also to have a serpent for a rear end.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back