Cephlaholic Counselling Group

Hello There :smile:

I thought I best introduce myself, since Ive sat round this circle and chatted for a very long time now and havnt ever introduced myself :!: How Rude :!: :oops:

(im standing now)

Well....cough....my name is Scouse...cough

( :oops: god im perspiring and blushing slightly :oops: )

and im really really into cephs (que round of applause!!! YAYYY!!) (the 1st step!!!)

With a natural calmness when by the ocean or a lake or a river or a puddle or the kitchen sink (im sure many share).........

It started with a thought whilst under the afluense of inchahol about tanks with pirahnas and an octo either side of the chimney breast, pirahnas were dropped as an idea very shortly (borin) and the octo idea left to fester......

until i made a friend with a coral reef in his living room....it was a slippery slope from there :shock: i realised it was feasible to have one and started to learn about octo's and then i dicovered all the other cephs and i want to move the ocean into my living room now.

IM HOOKED :madsci: :madsci: :madsci:

Its a good job I found Tonmo :notworth:

Im sorry if your :sleeping: but thanks for listening I feel better now Ive got that off my chest :biggrin2: :heee: :heee: :heee: :biggrin2:

Howdo Scouse; happy to make acquaintance, and a much-belated :welcome: to the land of cephs

I feel like I already know you, since you've posted a lot over on Ceph Care. But welcome, officially!

It's interesting to hear how people got into octopuses - for me, it was a visit to a tassle store, where they also had some plushies including a little octopus. I took Octi home, began reading about octopuses and was hooked. That's when I discovered TONMO.com, too!

Nancy

my first ceph husbandry rxperience was when i was working on the millenium dome in london and slept on the floor at a guys flat who had a pet cuttle....

Had to get me some after seeing that!

Belated..... :welcome:

Think I was born fascinated with octopuses!!! Actually, my first octo was in a 20 high with just an undergravel filter :shock: !!! We're talking 20 years ago!!

Carol

i've always been into marine life in general......the ceph addiction I put down to Dr George Jackson!! there I was happy as a clam (working on my masters on clams!!!) When he advertised in our department for a research assistant....I was broke and so i applied and got the job! My first task was orienting and gluing statoliths to slides, not all that enthralling!!! Then he got me to help dissect some Moroteuthis ingens neglecting to mention that they're a) very large and b) when spent, stinky, slimy and oozy! :yuck:

I went over to pick one out of the fish bin and it was a very large, VERY stinky spent female that oozed through my fingers..................I was HOOKED . The rest as they say is history!

J

hello Scouse from this new member. is your nic based on the foodstuff of sailors or Liverpool? i am a londoner. my interest in the stuff of this board began long before my first oceanography class at 14. i knew when i started school and saw that other kids had only 25% of the arms i've got.

a.f.

Whey Heey!!! I got me some Welcomes!!! :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: Nice one!!!

(thought I'd already posted back on here to Steve, must of miss the button before loggin off!!! :bonk: :? )

Its well intrestin readin how people got into in the first place, it does take allsorts doesnt it!!!

Jean your mental mate!!!! :lol: :lol: Brilliant!!

atticus_finch Wrote:

hello Scouse from this new member. is your nic based on the foodstuff of sailors or Liverpool?

Neither mate just a concoction of nonsense and rubble, bit like the outside of an octo's den :lol: :lol: Thats a mit of a madden, why ja ask :?:

Scouse said:
atticus_finch Wrote:

hello Scouse from this new member. is your nic based on the foodstuff of sailors or Liverpool?

Neither mate just a concoction of nonsense and rubble, bit like the outside of an octo's den :lol: :lol: Thats a mit of a madden, why ja ask :?:
a 'scouser' is one from Liverpool; 'scouse' an old word for sailor fare.

hth :smile: ~a.f.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back