Cephlaholic Counselling Group

Rikki Tikki Tavi

When I was little, and I mean REALLY little, I was obsessed with the cobras in Rikki Tikki Tavi. I am obsessed with two things: giant squid and king cobras. Strangely enough, my interests in both of those animals began about eleven years ago, when I was three. Literature with animals as the main characters is almost always a joy to read.

Re: Rikki Tikki Tavi

Squidman said:
When I was little, and I mean REALLY little, I was obsessed with the cobras in Rikki Tikki Tavi. I am obsessed with two things: giant squid and king cobras. Strangely enough, my interests in both of those animals began about eleven years ago, when I was three. Literature with animals as the main characters is almost always a joy to read.

hmm...... :| - me a little perplexed. Either there is/was a parallel universe or perhaps multiverses or I was you & you are me, what I was, have been & perhaps will be or maybe the cephfan gene carries cobra code too ! I dunno ! :bonk:
if only I'd kept my "giant squid eats diver" drawings & venomoussssss ssssssssssnake bookssssssssss to sssssssssee if you possesssssss the sssssssssame :roll:

Oh, what was Kaa's line???"trust in me, just in me"
not a bad adaptation to film, if you ask me...although I prefer the ancient white cobra...ah well.
strange angles knock at the door now...must go...meteors are eating at the mind gates...
g

Jean, David Eddings' Belgariad was nearly genious, but the Mallorian was a repeat of the Belgariad, and his third series about Sparrowhawk..... well, I couldn't even finish it. Mind, I loved the Belgariad and have at least 3 full series, and 2 of the Mallorian. Is there any reason I should have finished his 3rd series? Thanks.

David

"and they feasted on stoats, and fruit bats, and orangutans...and strange breakfast cereals...and there was much rejoicing..."
What a wonderful series of books that was...or has it been written yet?

DocFrye said:
Jean, David Eddings' Belgariad was nearly genious, but the Mallorian was a repeat of the Belgariad, and his third series about Sparrowhawk..... well, I couldn't even finish it. Mind, I loved the Belgariad and have at least 3 full series, and 2 of the Mallorian. Is there any reason I should have finished his 3rd series? Thanks.

David

Probably not! Although the Sparhawk books become a little different in the Tamuli (the Shining Ones are great.....glow in the dark people, who make the bad guys melt!)

He's just started a new series called the Elder Gods. I've read book one, it's going in a slightly different direction as did "The Redemption of Althalus" .

Must stop now or the Boss will be giving us the :nofeet: sign! :lol:

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back