Cephalopod radula needed for research please!

Hello All,

My research abstract was chosen to be shared as a poster presentation at the 2018 Cephalopod International Advisory Council Conference in Florida in November! I am excited to be part of the community and to meet anyone presenting or attending!

My research involves cephalopod morphology of the radula and I am still looking for more species to add to my research! If anyone has cephalopods they would be willing to donate to my research, please contact me! I will take photos of your specimen(s) on the SEM and share them with you! Here are my photos and research, last updated online in December 2017: blogs.evergreen.edu/cephalopodresearch/

Thank you for your time!

[email protected]

@vampyroteuthis360, what condition is required for the cephs to be useful? I have several small octopuses that were preserved in formalin and placed in alcohol and a frozen nautilus that I would be happy to send if they would be helpful (the naut is not currently preserved). I am not sure if I can ID the species of the octopuses (I have had them for several years)but I think most are O. briareus.

@vampyroteuthis360, what condition is required for the cephs to be useful? I have several small octopuses that were preserved in formalin and placed in alcohol and a frozen nautilus that I would be happy to send if they would be helpful (the naut is not currently preserved). I am not sure if I can ID the species of the octopuses (I have had them for several years)but I think most are O. briareus.

Formalin preserved or frozen cephalopods would be wonderful! My specimen have ranged from fresh, frozen for a year and formalin preserved for 5 years, and I have not seen any impact on the radula. But yes, that would be extremely helpful please! Thank you so much. I'll check if anyone has posted photos of the radula of O. briareus to compare if need be.

These are very small animals but I am happy to send them if they will be helpful. PM me your mailing address. I may have a little formalin left but would rather put the nautilus in plain alcohol since you won't be using the body (it won't smell acceptably for the post office if I don't preserve is in some fashion :concern:

To PM me click on my name at the left, then again on my name on the popup then on the "start conversation" tab.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back