Cephalopod Metabolism

Yo, fellow TONMO peeps!

Here's another question been boiling my noodle: what work has been done on cephalopod metabolic rates, and how would you go about testing theories about ceph metabolism? Would it be respiratory only (given that there may be anaerobic metabolism at times, I would wonder), or are there any other methods? Not like putting them in a calorimeter would do anything, huh?

Sorry for my lack of posting as of late! Nearing finals!

John

Me thinketh you're touching on areas considerably outside my expertise/experience! John, there has to have been a ton of research done on this sort of thing; post finals it would be great if you wrote an article for TONMO - then I'd learn something (and have those references at hand).

Good luck in the finals! When I'm doing the A to Z author search for karyotypes, if I happen upon anything metabolism-oriented I'll cite it here (although my references are mainly systematic, with a few ecological).
O

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back