Cephalopod genomes: What happened to them?

I've heard of Sydney Brenner's attempt at sequencing one cephalopod or other and I think there was an attempt to sequence Loligo's genome at Woods Hole.

Whatever happened to those?

I know Leonid Moroz and his team are trying to sequence Aplysia, but that's a gastropod.

Are we talking nuclear DNA, mitochondrial DNA, or? Certainly mtDNA complete genomes have been done, in the case of Nautilus for both Pompilius and Macromphalus (Jeffrey Boore, 2005 and 2006).

Brief update on cephalopod genomics

I'm a postdoc in the Rokhsar lab at UC Berkeley and we are currently sequencing Octopus bimaculoides (California Two-Spot Octopus) and Idiosepius notoides (Southern Pygmy Squid) in collaboration with a number of other labs. Even more exciting, there are now over a dozen cephalopod genome projects underway around the world, many of them much further along than our own work. As these projects mature, many, if not all, of them will become accessible via the Cephalopod Sequencing Consortium (CephSeq) web portal. The consortium was established this spring at a NESCent catalysis meeting, Paths to Cephalopod Genomics- Strategies, Choices, Organization.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back