Staff member

Attachments

• conv_299985.jpg
    conv_299985.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 150

hermissenda

Blue Ring
Registered
I received a dark green octopus pendant from this store for my birthday last year. People often mistake it for jade, and when I'm not wearing him, he makes a lovely little desk sculpture! It's definitely one of my favorite ceph things!

TaningiaDanae;192328 said:
One of the Etsy stores that specializes in cephy goodness -- check out their amazing lampwork creations!

Emergent Glassworks on Etsy

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
If I was going to be here on Halloween I would get a pair of those and the octo patterned stockings :biggrin2:

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
I wish they would make more into slides than with the loop on the top. I finally found one affordable piece but I keep looking for others. ... maybe in AU next week? :sagrin:

hermissenda

Blue Ring
Registered
I agree! There are so many ways that an octopus can hold onto a chain- why put a ring in its head? I have one beautiful,somewhat more expensive piece that has the octo hanging from the chain in a natural way, as though he were hauling himself up to it. And it's one of the things I like best about the glass ones someone posted earlier this year that are on Etsy - the necklace chain just passes through curls in their arms behind the head. I received one as a gift, but can't remember for the life of me the name of the shop. But they also sell blown-glass carnivorous plants, so I wouldn't think they'd be too hard to search for :smile: And I've been kicking myself for years for passing up an ammonite pendant that had been made into a nautilus - swimming with a gemstone eye, beautiful detailed and very accurate for a modern nautilus. Why haven't more artists picked up on that!? I love these threads! :smile:

DWhatley;193497 said:
I wish they would make more into slides than with the loop on the top. I finally found one affordable piece but I keep looking for others. ... maybe in AU next week? :sagrin:

Latest Posts