Ceph Newb

modularduck

Hatchling
Registered
Hey i am new to the world of Cephs but have been into reef keeping and saltwater aquaculture for quite awhile. i have come to this site several times to read and lurk, but finally decided to join and further my interests a bit. currently i have a small tank i need of a dwarf species. i have a 70g in the works, that also will be for an octopus, any suggestions?

:welcome:

You're likely to be better off waiting for the 70gal, since it can handle the larger species, which tend to be a lot more interactive, rewarding, and long-lived. The 70 should be able to handle a bimac, briareus, hummelincki, or aculeatus, all of which are highly recommended.

Welcome aboard :smile:

I agree with Monty. O. mercatoris is probably all you'd find as far as dwarf octopuses go and they aren't real big on human interaction or daytime activity. If you're a night person though you might enjoy them.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back