Ceph items and jewelry collection...

I just found this thread in a search on google. I have the octopus jewel box! And a woman I work with today showed me a picture of an octopus lamp! Slowly I am corrupting them!!!!!:mrgreen:

New items...

I have gotten a couple of more pieces.

The first two pics are of a torch style lighter. I host a weekly cigar night for some guys and this is my new lighter.

The second is a great little ceph crawling over a shell.

I just do not get bored with ceph art and I love to add new pieces to the collection. My house including living room, den, bedroom, and master bath are all slowly taking on this...feel.

It's not like a house where someone has a pig fetish, and they just have tons of stuffed and pottery pigs, my house is decorated with ceph ornamentation. It makes it look like Nemo has a house in Georgia.

Attachments

• conv_288744.jpg
    conv_288744.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 288
  • conv_288745.jpg
    conv_288745.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 280
  • conv_288746.jpg
    conv_288746.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 234
Ceph Furniture anyone?

In my never ending quest for these pieces (God help me if I ever become rich), I have found some very unique items which I wanted to share.

The first is a table as one can plainly see. I have posted a table before, and this tentacled piece is really an eye catcher. Imagine it in front of the old tv.

The second is a great jar. It's ceph head sculpted top form the handle-nob, while it descends more into simple painting at the bottom.

Finally, the third piece is an octopus box. Striking and sophisticated, it is highly emotive for anyone even without our shared passion for cephs.

Attachments

• conv_288757.jpg
    conv_288757.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 302
  • conv_288756.jpg
    conv_288756.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 261
  • conv_288755.jpg
    conv_288755.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 691
Ceph Art...

My last pieces for today...

The first one is a great sculpture that I think is done by Michael Anderson. This is for significantly deeper pockets than little old me, but I can dream. I don't know anyone who wouldn't be in awe of this piece.

The second is a silly little octopus box. His mantle comes off revealing a little storage room inside.

Third, and this is just for fun, is a Stikfas figure. Stikfas are stickmen like the ones you used to draw as a kid, but as plastic poseable action figures. I have known about them for years, but they finally released a Diver & Squid. Actually, the parts are interchangeable. The squid can be made into an octopus with a mantle and no club arms. It's really pretty cool.

Attachments

• conv_288759.jpg
    conv_288759.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 292
  • conv_288760.gif
    conv_288760.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 366
  • conv_288758.jpg
    conv_288758.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 277
Octopus Lamp

corw314 said:
I just found this thread in a search on google. I have the octopus jewel box! And a woman I work with today showed me a picture of an octopus lamp! Slowly I am corrupting them!!!!!:mrgreen:

corw314,

If you mean this lamp, it can generally be found on eBay for $24-29.

Attachments

• conv_288761.jpg
    conv_288761.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 317
Octo buckles...

GPO87 said:
have you found any belt buckles?

Here are some buckles.

The first is remotely what I was looking for. There used to be a significantly better one out there, but I did not save the site or pic.

The second is just kind of silly unless you are an octopus-harley lover (which I am sure there are plenty of, it's just not my style),

The third is a almost a celtic knot with a little green octo in it. To each his own.

Attachments

• conv_288770.jpg
    conv_288770.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 154
  • conv_288769.jpg
    conv_288769.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 170
  • conv_288768.jpg
    conv_288768.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 171
As for tables...

GPO87 said:
...where did you get the table, I want one!!!!!!! That's the coolest thing I've ever seen!

Tables are something which are popping up a little bit more at a time. I think artists are simply seeing that octopuses are simply so unreal looking and yet instantly convey tons of feeling, emotions, and practically represent the ocean; that they can barely resist using them.

The first table is a Chris Barela design. It is my favorite as it is so well colored and very striking.

The second is also a Chris Barela Design, though a bit smaller.

The third is from an oriental distributor and one has to have it shipped direct. I assume that is the one you are asking about. If you look up "octopus table" on google, and then click on "images", you will find it.

Attachments

• conv_288773.jpg
    conv_288773.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 153
  • conv_288771.jpg
    conv_288771.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 179
  • conv_288772.jpg
    conv_288772.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 199
More tables...

However, here are others.

The first, I have never shown before as I just found it. This pic was taken in an art gallery in Orlando, Fl. The table was wood with a silicon rubber covering and was more than I could afford x 10.

The second (and the next one) I simply thought we should revisit while on tables. It is a little metal work and suggests more in the chair than the tiles on the table.

The third is a piece from Toscano Design who is well known for their gargoyles and unique designs. It is but a pedestal or footstool, but still unique.

Attachments

• conv_288776.jpg
    conv_288776.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 150
  • conv_288775.jpg
    conv_288775.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 150
  • conv_288774.jpg
    conv_288774.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 175
Incredible finds...

It's not that it is hard for me to find octopus related stuff, it's just that I have very specific tastes when it comes to the cephs and art. I don't like the cutesy, big-eyed octos with a wide grin. I like the pieces that are have a realistic quality of sculpture with some really over the top victorian accents to it. With that in mind, I humbly submit these I found just today.

This first one I found from www.sfitzgeraldfineart.com. This man is officially my hero. He made this Octopus Door Handle from stainless, and it is available from his website under miscellaneous. If you love cephs, you love this handle. Period.

It is at the bottom of the list as the pic cannot be boosted to see a larger version. That is just as big as that pic gets. I have requested that the artist send me a larger pic, but we'll see. Maybe if I break down and buy it.

The second is a wine aerator. You put it in the mouth of the decanter, and as you pour wine down this silver ceph, it tumbles about his tentacles and is properly aerated.

Lastly, the third is this little piece of wood carved art. Personally, I just want the outside as a frame for a personal potrait, ...or a mirror.

Attachments

• conv_288778.jpg
    conv_288778.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 151
  • conv_288779.jpg
    conv_288779.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 163
  • conv_288780.jpg
    conv_288780.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 163
Octopus door handle...

Stephen Fitzgerald called me yesterday and we had a long chat. What a great and down to earth guy.

He said that the octopus door handle piece had been sold, but that he can always make more as he lives off his comission work. Each one will be slightly different and unique, but can adhere to that overall shape and pattern.

He sent me a larger pic that I was able to install as a thumbnail that you can click on for a larger view.

I simply love this piece. It is so monstrously ugly that it is wonderful and emotive, beautiful and tragic all at the same time. Apparently he made it for a sushi bar and I am starting to think it is a place I would like to go to.

Attachments

• conv_288781.jpg
    conv_288781.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 153
Originally posted by Donnerboy
He said that the octopus door handle piece had been sold, but that he can always make more as he lives off his comission work. Each one will be slightly different and unique, but can adhere to that overall shape and pattern.

How much did he say the door handle cost? I need to start saving...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back