Ceph Crafts

roguehobbit

Cuttlefish
Registered
I'm interested in ceph related crafts, and thought I'd share the box I made, and encourage others to post their creations. Not to sell, but to look at and enjoy, and inspire more ceph crafty-ness. :biggrin2:

2u4kfhl.jpg

A jewelry box I painted on with acrylics. I inserted one of my vector pieces (obviously inspired by the bath toy pictured) in the photo frame. You can get craft boxes at any craft store or wal-mart. Though I would suggest sanding the box, as they tend to be rough. Sorry for the horrible flash, all I have currently is my mac's camera. :/

Thanks! :smile: I have some tentacle and octopus beads I just finished last night, made from sculpey, I'll see if I can get good pictures up. Right now they are on a make-shift necklace that I want to replace eventually.

Do you have any crafts that are ceph related that you'd like to post?

Well I finished the necklace. :smile: I was inspired by this: make your own but I wanted it to be more like my own octopi (the ones I draw, which are more natural looking).

qq8fvc.jpg

The two tentacles and the octopus were made with sculpey and acrylic paint, and acrylic sealer glaze. My roommate gave me the glass beads and copper wire. I'm really happy with how it turned out, and it was pretty simple to do, just a bit time consuming.

Well I wouldnt have enough patience to make such a small thing ^^
Actually I only have drawings and paintings to show if you ever want to see them
-a private collection too but I think there's already a topic on it-

Well there's a gallery section for paintings, I've put some things up there and seen a lot of cool ones. Maybe for drawings too. You should post them!

Here's an octopus water dish and paintbrush holder my roommate made me to help with my paintings! He had a small accident in the kiln though, so one of his tentacles has cracks, but I love him.

qpnhgh.jpg

Ceph Crafts ...Knitted...

My wife found a number of patterns online that one can buy inexpensively. You knit them and they turn into octos and squid. Not flat pieces mind you, but three dimensional constructs.

Oh! I got started making all sorts of jewelry last year, but I haven't done anything with it this year. Those are great, rougehobbit, now I'm inspired!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back