CELEBRITY OCTOPUS AMBASSADOR

Rosie W

Hatchling
Registered
Hi All!

I really hope you don't mind me posting this here...I'm new to this forum - I'm currently developing a wonderful project for TV about octopuses and I was hoping that you might be able to help me.

I'm trying to find a 'celebrity octopus ambassador' - someone who is well known and liked, and who speaks out for octopus / sea life wellbeing, or who has an interest in cephalopods etc.

Does anyone on the forum have any leads or ideas for me?

Many thanks in advanced!

Ps, any and all suggestions are welcome - you never know what it might lead to!

Rosie

There are a few:
-- Tracy Morgan is known to have had a pet octopus (though it's hard to tell if he was kidding)
-- Conan O'Brian had a thing with an octopus when he visited Korea (I think that's where it was)
-- The escape artist David Blaine once contacted me to discuss what it would take to keep an octopus; he wanted to live with one for a while as a stunt but he ultimately deemed it was too complex.
-- Why not Zoidberg? LOL ...or Squidward...
:squidwar:

Anna and Ned Deloach are world traveling ocean life photographers and conservationists (I can't find anna's TONMO ID but she has one - @tonmo - can you check on this? ). I can make FB introductions if you would like. Here is Anna's Blenny Watcher FB page and her Blog by the same name (lots of ceph photos on the blog).

Another suggestion would be Sy Montgomery, naturalist author of Soul of and Octopus. I don't know Sy personally but follow her on FB and suspect she would be up for a good cause.

...perhaps you can score Leonardo DiCapprio who is an outspoken supporter of the oceans :smile: ...you never know how a passion can help you connect with someone!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back