Caught either a juvenile E. Dofleini or O. Rubescens last night.

cuttlegirl;186029 said:
Instead of punching a hole in the crab, could you just remove their claws? If you hold the crab in one hand and twist the claw near where it attaches to the body, it should just come right off.

I started just nipping the points off of their claws instead. He seems to like to eat the claw meat also.

I love the difference you can see in him from this first photo to the next one pictured. He definitely noticed me taking pictures and decided to throw up a textured camoflauge at me.

IMG_20120115_210705.jpg

IMG_20120115_210727.jpg

He/she has really grown! Is he keeping the third arm to the right (clockwise aligning your eyes with the octoupses) curled or does it give that impression because he/she is in a corner?

Have you named it?

From what I've seen it doesn't tend to curl up any of its arms. When it comes it out comes out with every arm in every direction it can it seems like.

No name yet.

I'm really trying to talk my business partner into just keeping it as a "mascot" for our business since we haven't had any serious buyers yet. If that happens I may thrown him/her a party :smile: Or do a facebook pole on what to name it or something like that. Maybe give it a couple of options and let it pick its own name? That all depends on if it ends up going into the big tank when I get the holding tanks up and running for the other livestock.

I'm really starting to get attached to the little bugger, and I dont think my kids or their friends would ever forgive me if I sold it now.

I kind of figured that was happening from the beginning :biggrin2: Also, you left out the viewing staff at TONMO that would be disappointed if you did not journal its life :biggrin2:

DWhatley;187819 said:
Also, you left out the viewing staff at TONMO that would be disappointed if you did not journal its life :biggrin2:

Very true :smile:

I imagine not a lot of people have come through here with a pet GPO, lol.

Ha ha, Stu, you've got a serious customer here in me... have to figure out if I can do this the right way, though. I'm assuming this is the one you're selling through your store? I'm out near DC and a couple friends just posted about you on WAMAS and I saw you were also a BB member there. Anyway, expect to hear more from me soon! Perhaps you can chime in on the water temp you keep it at and how large it currently is.

davelin315;188442 said:
Ha ha, Stu, you've got a serious customer here in me... have to figure out if I can do this the right way, though. I'm assuming this is the one you're selling through your store?

Well let me know what all I can do to help in getting you set up for coldwater :smile: This is indeed the one we have for sale on the website. After a long debate about it, it had to go up for sale since its a business and there will always be more octopus I can fall in love with, lol.

davelin315;188442 said:
I'm out near DC and a couple friends just posted about you on WAMAS and I saw you were also a BB member there. Anyway, expect to hear more from me soon! Perhaps you can chime in on the water temp you keep it at and how large it currently is.

I keep all my tanks right around 55F year round, it seems to be the best middle of the road temperature for both the deep water species as well as the tidal species. During the summer if I see the temps start to climb at all I will let them flucuate up to 60, but then I switch over from the 1/2 horse to the 3/4 horse chiller.

I dont know if you saw the most recent video I shot of the GPO, its in the description on the website but I'll post it here also. These were both taken about a month ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back