Casting Call

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
With all of the documentary activity going on in the Squid Cave (Steve and Kat's laboratory), and the promise of yet more exciting discoveries to come, perhaps Hollywood will finally get around to developing a property or two about big teuthids and the men and women who love them. If that happens, who should play Steve O'Shea, and who should play Kat Bolstad?

:roll:

Clem

joelozito said:
You're waaaay off. I'd say John C. Reilly and Mandy Moore.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

This is the end. This is the end of poll-taking.

:roflmao:

Clem

ps: "joelozito," we all know your real name is Paul Thomas Anderson, so just stop it.

alan cumming (he came close with the look in goldeneye) and any actress who has an agent terrible enough to let her sort whale guts....

:popcorn:

OK, first of all, if Johnny Depp's involved, I'm playing my own sweet self.
But I have to say, it would be cool if Julia Stiles would do the honors, since her film career seems to be tracking my life anyway (with a few exceptions) - first Kat in 10 Things I Hate About You and now a student at Wellesley, in Mona Lisa Smile. People keep telling me I look like her, but for the record, I'm older, so she looks like me. She's my stunt-double, you know. :P
And we did come up with someone for Steve not too long ago... there have been suggestions of Tom Cruise, but I'm sure someone much more suitable has also been mentioned...

Tintenfisch said:
OK, first of all, if Johnny Depp's involved, I'm playing my own sweet self.

But of course.

But I have to say, it would be cool if Julia Stiles would do the honors...She's my stunt-double, you know. :P

For those really dangerous jobs, like crossing the office to remove certain articles featuring certain entertainers from certain bulletin boards.

And we did come up with someone for Steve not too long ago... there have been suggestions of Tom Cruise, but I'm sure someone much more suitable has also been mentioned...

Steve: You...complete...me.
Kat: You had me from "Sort through these stomach contents."

I'll update the poll as suggestions come in.

Clem

Can I play with Reese....
..... ooops, is Reese playing me
Who is Johny Depp?
Where is Neil?
.... anyone seen my marbles?

I'm not sure who that Emily person is (out of touch), but I like the idea of Bill Murray as Steve.

:oshea:, chasing squid instead of groundhogs...

Emily Watson is FAAAABULOUS! My favourite actress, actually. Amazingly talented. She's been in Breaking the waves, The boxer, Hilary and Jackie, Red Dragon, Punch drunk love, and others I can't remember right now. She hasn't done anything hugely mainstream, so its easy not to have heard of her.

Windsor Davies and Gillian Anderson.

"I will not have gossip in this bathyscape". Ask Steve.

Phil said:
Windsor Davies and Gillian Anderson.

Phil, who is Windsor Davies?

Steve, Johhny Depp would do you proud; he incarnated Hunter S. Thompson in Terry Gilliam's "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas," Ed Wood in Tim Burton's "Ed Wood" and a polymorphously perverse pirate in Gore Verbinski's "Pirates of the Carrribean."

I just hope the parts aren't taken by some irksome real-life couple eager to blur the work/home boundaries. Ford and Flockhart, Affleck and -Lo, I'm looking in your direction.

I've made a few adjustments to the poll, and removed my own bit of perversity, the Benigni & Paltrow pairing. Don't want to give Harvey Weinstein any ideas.

:roll:

Clem

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back