• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Captive raised S. bandensis

Thales

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
For TONMO only:

I have some captive raised S. bandensis hatchlings and three month olds for sale. The hatchlings (hatched and eating mysis and prolly amphipods) are currently $40 each, plus shipping and boxing, the 3 month olds (eating frozen shore/bait shrimp and frozen mysis) are $75 each plus shipping and boxing. Payment accepted through paypal only. If you are interested please email me at [email protected]

You can see pics of these guys in this thread:
[Cuttlefish Eggs]: - Trying yet again at Daisy Hill

General info on the species available here:
Cephalopod Care

Some nitty gritties:

Please, serious/informed buyers only. It often happens in sales of captive raised cephs that people say "I want them, will you hold them for me". Then, after a dozen or so emails, they decide that these animals aren't for them (this actually happened this week :smile: ). So, please, serious/informed inquiries only.
I am happy to hold animals for a week or two with prepayment, with 50% refundable if you decide to back out.

:biggrin2:

Thanks guys!

In the near future I may take you up on the offer...Im in the process of wondering whether I should convert my 29 fresh into a cuttle tank after buying all skimmer/lr/sand if I decide to.

4. The interest was not great though. :biggrin2:

The 10 I have left I will be breeding, and the dozen or so hatchlings left are for sale.

You're taking wonderful photos, Rich! I especially like the one on the right, where they're all lined up.

Could you please tell us how you're taking these photos? With flash, with remote flash, with tank light on or off, etc?

Thanks,
Nancy

Thanks Nancy!

Pretty much the same way as with Fontanelle, but with a macro lens. Nikon D70, Nikon 105 vr micro lens, and an sb600 remote flash. I use custom white balance via a photo taken with an expodisc. I hold the remote flash in one hand and the camera in the other so I can move the flash where it works best. The tank light is on so the camera can auto focus - though sometimes I switch to manual and move the camera back and forth till its in the right place. I try to shoot at a pretty small aperture, 18 or higher. One of the most important things is to make sure the tank is clean. I shoot in RAW so I can tweak the images if they need it.

thales im supposed to be moving sometime in the next month or so and i know im going to have trouble dealing with all the briareus babies that are on the way but i will be interested in maybe a couple once i get moved. ill have my 125 octopus tank up and ill probably inline a 55 or a 50 gallon acrylic

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back