Can you help me id my new octopus please!!!

Can you help me id my new octopus please!!!
today I have received my new octopus from Octopus - Pacific
He is pretty small and adorable. Here are some pics. I don't think he a bimac because he dose not have any rings.

Attachments

• IMG_3167.JPG
    IMG_3167.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 205
  • IMG_3168.JPG
    IMG_3168.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 204
the rock is almost a year old from my reef tank + some new rock(not Live)
the tank has been set up for about 2 months and i currently have him in a fluvial spec 4/3 not sure (octopus proof) (BTW small tank is temporary while i get my 35 ready for him.)

Upvote 0
How long until the 35 is ready? I looked up fluvial spec III could not find a spec 4. The spec 3 is only 2.6 g. Thats very small. Please do partial water changes at least every other day. Octos are very messy eaters and make a lot of waist so the water quality will suffer quick. Also is there some kind of skimmer on this tank? Octos use a lot of oxygen out of the water. Skimmers are great at putting oxygen in the water. Skimmers are good for other things 2 but for a tank with an octopus the oxygen is more important.
I just want to help you and give the octo as long of a life as possible. If there is no skimmer then I suggest using an air pump and air stone. Not the prettiest thing but it might help. I do hope the 35 is going to be ready soon

Upvote 0
Ok good. 5 is still very small but as little as that guy is you might have a little time. I was keeping a merc in an 8g bio cube and didn't feel it was way too small. It was small but since they never come out I didn't feel bad. The 30 is much better. Now I see you have the squids in the 30. LOL wont be long and you will have 5 systems going like me

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back