Can you help me id my new octopus please!!!

Can you help me id my new octopus please!!!
today I have received my new octopus from Octopus - Pacific
He is pretty small and adorable. Here are some pics. I don't think he a bimac because he dose not have any rings.

Attachments

• IMG_3167.JPG
    IMG_3167.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3168.JPG
    IMG_3168.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 119

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
@John Reichard, Neal and I are hoping to get down that way in the next year and will definitely pm you on TONMO when we make our plans - personal tours are always better than trying to explore by yourself! We have been fortunate to have met up with a number of TONMO people over the years (in addition to our TONMOcons) and try to take pictures and create a mini-tcon post when that happens. I have to confess that our favorite has been meeting up with @haggs in Australia :rainbow:.

Upvote 0
Please help i can't get him to eat anything live or dead i have live feeder fish shrimp and crabs in there (from ocean ) no matter what i do i can't get him to eat

Upvote 0

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
When octopuses become senescent (or are about to brood eggs) they stop eating but this would not be my first guess from the photos (usually, but not always, a senescent animal will not color fully). It is possible he/she is eating something in the tank (small amphipods are often eaten). My first suggestion is to remove any live fish (it may be intimidated and afraid to come out), limit the amount of food in tank and offer small food (eye sized if dead, live crabs - not hermits - no bigger than half the mantle).

Upvote 0

sirreal

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
No Fish! First get those fish out of there. I agree with D. Even though the fish might be small its enough to scare the octo. You have a very young octo "From the pics" which we would really like to see more of. It is not uncommon for an octo to go a couple days with out eating. Personally I would remove most of the live food and try to make a very calm home for him/her. Then you can work on getting the octo to eat once a day.
stay calm. The octo is not going to starve itself. How old is the system? How big is the tank? What are your parameters? How much live rock and how old is the rock?

Upvote 0