• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Calcium trials

scolopes

Cuttlefish
Registered
I have a 150 gallon system and according to the test I used today, there is pretty much no calcium in it. Is this possible? I have only a few small squid in the system, and they are fed shrimp daily.

I dont know if it matters, but just in case it does, my system flow includes a large particulate filter followed by biofilters and a protein skimmer, then carbon and 100 micron filters and lastly UV sterilization. I use Instant Ocean made with DI water, and the calcium test showed that was really low too. Is that true? Can this be? is it just a bad test?

I have had a problem with animals dying and my other parameters (alkalinity, pH, nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, and salinity) are all normal.

any advice?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back