• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Bristleworm Population

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
My 24 yr. old son has been harrassing not G2 but the worm population in G2's tank. He asked me to get feedback on whethor it's healthy for the tank to have possably hundreds of worms, who I consider my cleanup crew residing quite happily with G2. I told him I would post and get opinions on whether my opinion that the worms are good and help maintain the tank are correct! And in Elmers tank, an old octo tank originally, I think the Bird Wrasse has been digging for them. I really haven't noticed that tanks population of worms at all since Elmer resides there. What does everyone think?

I guess as long as they don't hurt the octo, and he leaves them alone, they are fine...will have to rethink my opinion of them, as coming from a reef backround, they were to be killed on sight ! We don't get as many of them here from live rock as you all do back east, it seems...the last tank didn't have any, as far as I could tell.
greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back